*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1005546-Trapped-Inside-Herself
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Psychology · #1005546
This is a dark look into the psyche of someone with bipolar disorder. Revised Now.
She awoke to find herself broken, bruised, and bloody. Her head ached so that she thought it would burst. Her legs would not cooperate when she commanded them to move, and in the darkness she could not see what was stopping them. She felt around for something; anything, to let her know what had happened to her or where she might be; but nothing. Finally, she reached forward toward her legs and she felt something cold, hard, and smooth. "Oh, my God!" it was a tombstone. Why was a tombstone on her lap and why couldn't she see? She thought.
"Oh, Jesus!" What could be going on," she thought. "Where am I, how did I get here, where is here, what was that?"

She heard something; sort of a scream or a cry. "No", that wasn't a cry or a scream, it... it... it was her own mind, she was screaming but only she could hear it because it was inside her thoughts, her mind, her soul was screaming. From pain, fear, agony, anger, and confusion. "What the hell is going on? Someone will come, someone will surely help me." she envisioned. She was alone in this horrible dark place.

Anaxarete began to cry and scream and slap at the air. There was nothing here. Nothing except her and this blackness, and the f***ing stone on her legs. She was not feeling any worse or any better than when she first awoke into this nocturnal nightmare. She was not cold nor hot. She could feel no air around her in motion. "What the hell is happening to me?!" she screamed. No echo, no answer, just nothing.

Her mind began to race, everything she had ever seen, heard, touched, felt, smelled and tasted was raging through her mind all at once. "Please God?" she prayed silently, "Help me to stop this frightening thing that's happening to me?" The mental stimuli continued on in its sprint through her psyche. She grasped at individual thoughts as they whizzed past, but could grasp nothing. Was she already dead? Was she in some sort of accident? Maybe she should just try to go back to sleep. Maybe this is a dream? "I gotta try something," she whispered.

Sleep would not come , she had laid there for what seemed like days and still nothing but the same strange and frightening things "thoughts".

Suddenly, she began to shake all over, her heart began to race, her arms and legs felt like jell-o, numb. Then her whole body went limp. she couldn't catch her breath. "Oh God, just let me die already, anything to make this, this, whatever this is STOP!" She collapsed into a dreamless sleep that lasted for hours.

Anaxarete awoke to children playing, televisions blaring, and her dog laying on her chest licking her face. No one seems to have noticed what happened to her. She still felt very strange and pained and strained.

Was it real? What was it? Will it happen again?
Will anyone ever notice it? AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHGGGGGGGG!!!!!!

Anaxarete was in this state of confusion for over a week, before her collapse, and following her collapse she was very disconnected from her family. She began to have difficulty getting out of bed throughout the day. She would scream every time something would upset her. Things just weren't right. She continued to try to sort out the thoughts of the day and still couldn't remember the simplest of things she should know. What had happend to her mind, she used to have a great memory. This was almost worse than the first episode because she couldn't make this stop and it had gone on much longer than the first episode. She asked her significant other if they noticed anything, but to her surprise he did not. "How could he not notice, was he not the person who was her soulmate?" He used to finnish her thoughts, he used to know when she was hungry even before she did. This was not normal, and the fears were growing. The fear that this would happen again and that she would do something that could hurt herself or others around her.

Anaraxete began to think of ways to die, ways to end this suffering. You see she was an extremely intelligent person who prided herself all of her life on this intellect. This loss of mental control was almost too much to bear. Would she exterminate herself? Would she get someone to help her? Would the horror begin again?
Who knows......
© Copyright 2005 vcardwell (dewfreak at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1005546-Trapped-Inside-Herself