*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1005719-Pricilla
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Gothic · #1005719
This is a dark, tragic story...not for the light hearted.
Pricilla. She was beautiful. She had emerald green eyes that seemed to stare straight into my soul. I could of sat there, staring at her forever, and I would of died happily.

She was one of those girls that everyone secretly wanted. The kind with black china bangs, a bad attitude, and pure sex appeal.

I was no different then anyone else in my pure wanting of her. She was gorgeous…The way she walked, the way she talked. The way her red lips pouted…The way she set my body on fire by merely looking in my direction with that sensual stare of hers.

Of course, I was always the one to fall for the dark girls. Especially ones I couldn’t have. I was cursed that way. And I fell for Pricilla. I fell hard.

I don’t know how I got so lucky, but it turned out she felt the same about me. I soon found that out when she fell back on my bed, pulling me on top of her, her soft lips crushed against mine, her hands tangled in my dark hair.

We had wild, passionate sex all night. I remember it all clearly, the musky smell of her sweat mingled with mine, the subtle fragrence of her perfume, her lustful cries of passion, the beads of sweat that formed on her body, the taste of her salty skin and lips.

As soon as she fell asleep, I quietly got out of bed and threw on a shirt and my boxers. I grabbed my pack of cigarettes and lighter and stepped outside to sit on the porch, and lit a cigarette as I watched the rain fall down heavily around me. I don't know how long I sat there before I felt her arms wrap around my neck. I smiled and turned in her embrace to kiss her soft lips.

Months went by, and I fell completely in love with Pricilla. She was all I wanted, all I needed. I was certain I couldn't live without her. I spent every waking moment I had with her. Finally the day came when I asked her to marry me.

I was on my knees, looking up at her as the tears ran down her porcelain cheeks as she silently nodded. I jumped to my feet, gathering her in my arms. That's when I heard the shot and felt her gasp as she clung tight to me.

My heart stopped as I pulled back to see her beautiful emerald eyes wide open and glazed in pain and shock. I started to cry silently as She sunk to the ground. I sunk with her, holding her tightly to me.

"No...baby. Please don't leave me." I whispered and I stroked her cheek. Her hand shakily reached up to cover mine where it laid on her cheek as the blood streamed out of her chest. I bent down and placed my shaking lips against her rapidly cooling ones and tasted her blood as she kissed me one last time.

I pulled her to me until I felt her heart stop beating. After several moments, I gently placed her body down and stared down at the love of my life. I shakily ran a hand threw my hair as the rain started to fall.

Weeks went by and I never left my apartment. I sat there, drinking my vodka and smoking my cigarettes, staring into the fire. I got many calls, and many letters, to which none did I respond. I didn't even go to the funeral.

I was cold. Completely numb to everything.

I didn't sleep. I didn't eat.

Anger flowed through me one night as I stared at my empty bed. I hadnt't removed her clothing from the closet. I gently picked up one of her shirts and skakily brought it to my face. I breathed in her still strong scent. I dropped it, glancing into the mirror. What I saw killed me.

I was so white. So empty...so dead. I punched my mirror hard, watching as the glass cracked and shattered, flying everywhere. I decided I had had enough of this as I glanced down at my bloody fists, the pieces of glass protruding out of my skin, noticing I didn't feel it at all.

I reached into my desk draw and pulled out my magnum. I shakily pressed the barrell to my temple and closed my tired eyes. Tears fell down my cold cheeks. I squeezed the trigger.

It's dark now. But there is no pain.

It's over.

I'm free.
© Copyright 2005 Wolvie212 (wolvie8812 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1005719-Pricilla