*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1006161-Xcaret
Rated: E · Short Story · Travel · #1006161
The stories have been written for my clients who have short attention spans.
Xcaret

Xcaret oh! Xcaret, leaving you fills me with regret, I came to you from Cozumel, and upon me there you cast your spell.

Off to you now I go with great haste, I catch the bus from the depot place. It left me at the Mayan gate, where our guide asked us to congregate. He greeted us with a cheeky grin, and explained all that would happen deep within. We saw great Temples scaled down in size, to show what life was like when the Central American Maya were the prize.

Xcaret oh! Xcaret, leaving you fills me with regret, I came to you from Cozumel, and upon me there you cast your spell.

To the changing rooms I zoomed to struggle on with my swimming costume, which caused me some relent. Then hastily to the river I went, to swim to the sea was my intent. Oh boy, that water's cold as I made my way through the cenote cold soon forgotten, I viewed the animals and plants of this wonderful land. Then my eyes caught sight of the colourful Mariachi Band.

Xcaret oh! Xcaret, leaving you fill me with regret I came to you from Cozumel, and upon me there you cast your spell.

The life guards along the way called out "Senorita, do you want out?" "No" was my stern reply, "I started this challenge so I will see it through even though I am turning blue". I read the sign posts along the way, each one telling me I am nearer to my goal this very day.

Xcaret oh! Xcaret, leaving you fills me with regret, I came to you from Cozumel, and upon me there you cast your spell.

In the evening light your grounds transform. Men and Women from a bygone era, come to perform. They stand all majestic and forlorn; they are strong and proud of their past. Standing still as statutes and working as silently as thieves in the night. All for one and one for all they charm and bewitch us all.

Xcaret oh! Xcaret, leaving you fills me with the deepest regret. I came to you from Cozumel and upon me there you cast your spell.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **




© Copyright 2005 Raffikie Kernow (ginabobin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1006161-Xcaret