*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1007310-Fieldgate-Academy-Pt-2
Rated: 13+ · Serial · Supernatural · #1007310
Part II of Fieldgate Academy
Principal Fern gave me the morning to write my letter to Kate and Dad. Old habits die hard and around ten, I needed a smoke break. Thinking about what my roommate had said, I grabbed my pack and lighter, making my way across campus. The field was empty. No surprise there. All the good kids would be in class.
Slipping between the metal lattice, I entered the shady undergrounds. It was like being in a tunnel, cut off from the rest of the school. As I approached the middle, I heard the frantic hissing and shuffling of wrappers. “Hey.”
Two students froze starring suspiciously at me. I lit a smoke and leaned against one of the poles. Slowly, they began to relax. Just a little though.
“Who is she?” The girl hissed, sniffing the air.
The other with snake like eyes, flicked a fork tongue in my direction. “She hasn’t fed in a while...”
“That’s because I don’t.” I told them in an icy voice.
Before there could be any retorts, a guy stepped out of the shadows and sat across form me. I felt my heart race as I looked him over. It was lust at first sight. He was tall, lean, gorgeous. His hair was blue-black and styled artistically for that carefree look. Mirrored shades covered his eyes and a black dress shirt and jeans covered that amazing form of his. “Have a light?”
The other girl and androgynous snake thing scrambled for theirs but his focus was on me. I could feel liquid heat rise through me as I tossed him my Bic. He lit something that smelt like a joint and sat back.
The blond girl turned to me. “Could you put that out before I get cancer?” Then she began to cough. Her hacking got worse with each passing second. Soon I was going to rip out her throat.
“Can it, J.C.”
Her glare at me intensified as he rebuked her. I hadn’t even been here a week and I’d made myself an enemy. Shit. I ignored her death glare and closed my eyes. Concentrating instead on blowing smoke circles. The guy I’d been seeing just before I was shipped off here thought it was the hottest thing ever. I heard a bell ring in the distance. First period was over. I could hear shuffling as my fellow comrades packed up and left. Waiting for a sufficient amount of time, I sighed out of relief at their absence. “Finally.”
Then I heard him chuckle and my eyes snapped open. The mystery man was standing at the end of my feet. “Not a fan of Jace?”
“Who?”
“Blond, big tits-”
“She isn’t a fan of me. Though she seems to like you well enough.”
He made a face but didn’t reply.
“Not going to class?
“Nah. You?”
I pulled my small note pad from my pocket. “Principal Fer wants me to write a letter to my parents. She says I’m ungrateful. That not all people react as well when they find out their kids are... like me.”
He smirked. “And what exactly are you?”
“That’s for me to know-”
“And for me to find out?”
“You wish.”
“So you’re a genie then?”
I shook my head.
“Well, then I’d have to say you’re a witch because you cast a spell over me.” He said and managed to look dead serious.
“That was both desperate and another wrong guess.”
“But it made you smile.”
“Yeah, it did.” Grinding the butt into the grass, I held out my hand. “I’m Bella.”
Reaching out as if to shake my hand, he flipped it over palm up. I watched as he lowered his lips to my skin. An involuntary shudder rippled through me. As his teeth scrapped across the wound, I moaned. It was the weirdest feeling. I felt like I was on fire.
“Vamp then.”
I bit my lip hard and damned myself for reacting. “That was dirty.”
“You know what they say: Alls fair in love and war.”
“This is neither.”
Scrambling to my feet, stuffing my smokes and notebook in my pocket, I turned to leave. I was humiliated, angry and, strange enough, turned on. Whatever he was, I hated him.
“Bella...” Reaching out, he gently grabbed my upper arm.
His voice was silk to my ears. I saw his expression. He was laughing at me. ‘Bastard.’ I thought. ‘Stupid, cocky bastard.’ Looking at him cooly, I asked, “What?”
“You forgot your lighter.”
“Then give it to me.”
“Nope.” He shook his head. “Not that easily. Meet me back here tonight after lights out. I’ll give you that and more.”
“Drop dead.”
He reached out, fingertips brushing my cheek. “Bite me and I’ll die a happy man.”
Rolling my eyes I stormed away. The sad part was, I was tempted. My body wanted to go back and see what ‘and more’ meant. I had a good idea. Licking my lips to lower my frustration, I felt two sharp pricks against my tongue. Great, I had fangs now. Heading back towards the dorms I decided to take a cold shower before my afternoon meeting with Fern. There was no need for her to know that I wanted to make a snack out of one of her students.
Rhiannon was waiting in our dorm. Her long blond hair was tied in a braid and she was wearing the Dior shirt. “Hey.” She looked over at me. “Have fun?”
I shrugged. “Met some people under the bleachers. A girl named JC?”
“Eww. She’s such a bitch.”
Laughing, I continued. “That sums her up. There was a snake thing and a really hot guy.”
“The ‘thing’ is Kendra. She’s okay.”
“And the guy?”
She rolled her eyes at me. “What did he look like?”
“Dark blackish hair, tall, built...”
“Rei.”
“He wants me to meet him under the bleachers later.”
“Don’t.”
“Don’t?” I repeated, a little shocked.
“Yeah, don’t. People and things that hang under there get reputations. I have a feeling that’s something you don’t want again.”
“And that means what?”
Rhiannon held up her hands. “Nothing. It doesn’t mean anything. Just be careful, okay?”
Feeling grumpy, I shoved her over and sat beside her on the bed. “I always fall for the wrong guy.”
Nodding in agreement, Rhi sighed. “Look, you want to go get a coffee? The café is open.”
“Yeah, lets go.”
Downstairs, we grabbed a booth and looked over the menus. A waiter in a pirate costume came over. “May I take yer orders? Argg.”
“Cheeseburgers, fries and coffee.”
“And fer you?”
I looked up, “Just coffee.”
“You sure?”
“Yeah, uh, why?”
“You look like you could use some blood. We have plasma substitute. Customers swear it tastes like the real thing.”
“Just coffee.” I insisted. What was it with people in this school and their need to tell me I needed to feed.
“You sure?”
“Add a shot of blood to the vanilla columbian.”
“Yar.” He hobbled away.
Rhiannon made a face. “Remind me never to drink your coffee.”
I nodded and poked at my teeth. They had gotten sharper than even this afternoon. How did I not notice? “Do I have fangs?”
“Just little ones.”
“Great.” Sighing, I moved my hand away. “So do you know anything else about Rei?”
“Like?”
“What is he?”
She snorted. “Labelling is very important to you, isn’t it? All I know is he’s a minor spell caster. Got busted for a large scale theft and sent here. He’s a legend.”
“A legend?”
“Don’t even think about it.”
“About what?” I asked innocently.
“You’re impossible.”
“Don’t tell me you’ve never fallen for Mr Wrong.”
“I haven’t made a hobby of it.”
“Ouch.”
She laughed. “Sorry but seriously, why him?”
“You didn’t answer my question.”
“I’m not going to.”
“Hey!” I protested. “That’s not fair.”
“Life isn’t fair.”
“Cynic.”
“Skank.”
Rhiannon and I met eyes and laughed harder. I had a feeling we were going to get along fine.

Lights out came and went. I stood in the bathroom, looking in the mirror. Would Rei be down there? Was he waiting for me? He was a bad boy for the reputation for being as such. I didn’t need that in my life. I was here because of people like him. That and being a vampire.
“Where are you going?”
Rummaging through my purse, I grabbed a hand full of change. “Vending machine. Want anything?”
She shook her head. “No thanks.”
“I’ll be back in a few.” Yeah, a few hours if everything went according to plan.
Silently, I crept through the halls then out the door leading to the courtyard. It was dark and warm out, a perfect night to be breaking curfew. The silence revealed the sound of crickets, a car driving in the distance but nothing out of the norm.
“I was beginning to think you weren’t coming.” He passed out of the shadows and stood at the edge of the field. Dressed in the same outfit, minus the shades, he looked amazing. He took a step forward.
“I want my lighter back.”
“Ouch, babe.”
“It’s Bella.”
“I stand corrected.”
“Have any smokes, Rei?”
He laughed quietly. “So you learned my name?”
“Do I get a prize?”
“Yeah. Me.”
I smiled coyly. “Can I trade it in for the car?”
“Strike two.” Rei took another step forward, now invading my space. “I can do things for you that a car never could.”
His next step brought him so close we were almost touching. The air crackled with tension. I licked my lips... and took a step back. “What did you have in mind?”
Rei took my hand and lead me back under the bleachers. Half way in, there was a light. As we got closer I could see a blanket and a bottle in some ice. “I guess you were expecting me.”
“I had my doubts.”
“Of course you did.”
Sitting down, I leaned back on my elbows and smiled at the smoldering pipe. “Mind if I take a hit?”
“Be my guest.”
I picked it up, along with my lighter. I lit the weed, inhaled to fill the chamber and sucked in. “Not bad.”
“You took that like a pro.”
I laughed, “Lets just say it wasn’t my first time.”
Rei took the pipe away from me, setting it behind him. My chest burned a little but it wasn’t too bad. I’d smoked pot dozens of times. Mostly because of the crowd I’d hung out with. He placed a pill in my empty palm. “Try this.”
“What is it?”
“Don’t you trust me?”
“No.”
“Strike three.”
“Does that mean game over?”
“You can’t get rid of me that easily.”
“Too bad.”
“You’re the one who came down here.”
“I told you, I wanted-”
“Your lighter?” He shook his head. “I don’t think so. You wanted me.”
“Cocky aren’t you?”
Rei smiled. “No, I’m confident. Come on, take the pill. It’ll numb all those little insecurities that are creeping up in your head. They’re ruining our fun.”
Eyeing him, then the tablet, I took it. “Down the rabbit hole we go.”
“And what a ride it’ll be.”
Things moved in slow motion from that point on. Rei pulled me to him, our mouths meeting. We moved in a rhythm of groping hands, clumsy caresses, heavy breathing. Every touch seemed to be bringing me closer to the edge. At some point, my shirt was removed. Reaching for my belt loops, he pulled me even closer and onto his lap. Undoing my jean button, a smirk touched his lips. “And what’s this?”
It, of course, was the red thong. I changed into it before I left. For good luck. And in the hopes of a good lay.
“Here you are playing the innocent lamb, just coming to get her lighter and you’re wearing this?” He said in a mock accusatory tone. “What am I going to do with you?”
“Hopefully something soon.”
A new urgency had joined my aching. It was familiar, though I couldn’t place it. Its drive was pushing me on an entirely primal level.
“If you’re in such a hurry, why don’t you do something about it?”
The playfulness in my actions dissipated. Shoving him backwards, I shifted my weight and settled across his hips. Grabbing the end of his shirt, I pulled, sending buttons into the darkness.
“Hey!” He protested. “That’s my favourite shirt.”
“Deal with it.”
I’d never been overly aggressive in bed. Until tonight that is. I lowered my mouth to his neck, my hands pressing against his shoulders. Feeling for the pulse, I bit. This had been that urgency, I realized. “Oh God. Don’t stop.” He moaned in my ear. His hands ran up my sides to my bra and undid the clasps. Removing my last shred of clothing, his hands cupped my breasts.
My taste for blood sated, I raised my head and looked into his eyes. They were glazed over. Laughing at the dopey look on his face, I pressed a finger to the wound to stop the bleeding and check his pulse. He was just excited. I tried to move away but Rei gripped my hips. “Where do you think you’re going?”
“No where.”
“Good.”
He pressed me down against him, our bodies lining up. Rei’s hands took mine and put them on the button of his pants. Not wanting to disappoint, my hand slipped into his boxers. “Comfortable?” I teased, pulling his bottoms down with my free hand.
“Not quite.”
“What could I do to help you?”
“Bite me again?”
“Fuck you.”
“I’d rather fuck you.”
I laughed, “Ready and waiting, Rei.”
Gently he moved me aside and onto my back. Rei crawled over me, easing himself down. He cupped my face in his hands and kissed me. Our tongues touched, sending a shiver through me. Moving his hands back to my hips and he entered me. The slow motion that had guided our actions up to that moment, wore away. Everything was faster, harder, louder. “Bella, I want you to bite me again.” He begged between thrusts. “I want to become one of you.”
“I can’t.”
“Please?”
“I might kill you.”
“I told you, I’ll die a happy man.”
Climax came soon after and, with it, the second bite. I drank deep, his blood running thick and hot into my mouth. I drank until I felt his heart slow and he shuttered as he breathed his last breath. He had died.
“Shit.” I moaned, the passion and adrenalin wearing off. “Shit!”
Rei didn’t move.
I pounded on his chest, talk to him, yelled then slapped his cheeks. Still there was no reaction. Then it hit me. He needed blood. I bit my own wrist then lowered it to his mouth like a suckling child. “Drink, God damn it. Drink!”
Then I felt it. Weakly, he licked one fang mark then the other. “That hurt.” Rei mumbled, then sucked harder.
“Just a little, not too much.”
He pulled away.
I stood, pulling on my jeans, bra and tee. “I have to get back to my dorm. Rhi’s going to be so pissed.”
“Bella, please-”
“Rei, I can’t do this.”
He chuckled weakly. “Can’t do what?”
“If you feel sick, go to the hospital ward. The café had plasma substitute. Everyone swears it tastes like the real thing... it tastes like shit so add a shot of it to your coffee. Stay our of the sun. Don’t eat garlic or get staked. You should probably tell Fern...”
He looked up at me, pulling the blanket across his lap. “Anything else?”
“I don’t think so.”
Rei reached out to touch me and I flinched away. Confusion darkened his eyes. “You won’t get me touch you?”
“I believe you have.”
“Why not now? Has something changed?”
“Yeah, Rei, I killed you.” Sighing, I took another step back before running towards the school. What had I done?
© Copyright 2005 Rei'sGirl (arabellablack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1007310-Fieldgate-Academy-Pt-2