*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1007641-Why-I-love-Him
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Opinion · #1007641
The one, the only, PowerPuffGirl villain... HIM!!
I'm scrolling through the channels, sitting on the couch, when I reach Cartoon Network. It's a channel I used to watch when I was nine, ten, eleven, and sometimes twelve. But on the screen is... not my favorite show, but home to my favorite character. My eyes light up in admiration as I see the ol' powerpuffs fighting that pretty man, Him.
Him's outfit choice may seem hysterical to the tiniest babies, but I find it delightful. It must have been a breakthrough in political cartooning. A drag queen villain. He is outstandingly feminine, in the most glorious way.
His black high heels climb up to nearly his thighs, where pink fur and a red dress swim down his torso to the top of his chest. Matching the dress, his red face has an oustanding pink that only his make-up could add on. Him's bright green beautiful eyes stand out in the rush, and the only thing the to top off the pink fur on his head and his Cheshire cat smile; are a goatee and lobster claws. An angel come down to earth.
Him is one of the only drag queens in all of children’s shows, and I'm glad he's showing kids that it's okay, and to let them accept drag queens at an early age.
Him is not only helping America’s youth, but also giving inspiration to gays everywhere! Him is one of the most dangerous and respected villains of all. It shows that, even though he's a drag queen, that's not holding him back! He's very powerful, and can get ahead in life a well as any person!
Most people would say: "Isn't it a bad influence 'Him' sets? He's always fighting."
Well I just think that makes a great thing terrific! Although he may be using physical violence, the message is loud and clear! Him tells us to keep on fighting, for what you believe in! I think that's a great message.
So next time you think: 'Cartoon Network! That's for kids!' Think about how even though it's a kids show, it has adult politics.
© Copyright 2005 Matthew Raef (ckalltheway at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1007641-Why-I-love-Him