*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1010768-Cold-road-chapter-2
Rated: E · Sample · History · #1010768
As chapter 1
Edgar Pelet 34-years old, brown hair, green eyes
tall for his age with a broad round face a sargeant in the 4th Line Regiment part of the 11th Division attatched to the III Corps under the command of the flame haired Marshal Ney, napoleon's favourite fighting General. Looked at the cloudless red sky and sighed.
He cast his mind back to the mind numbing march which had brought him to this forsaken place, and wondered just how after so much effort to get here and with so much sacrifice in the battles for Moscow that it had come to this! an adjective not related to the Dynamic French emperor who ruled Europe "retreat" It hurt badly and it showed in the faces of those grenadiers stood by as they watched the green carriage roll into the distance.
Edgar suddenly laughed as George stomped on the icy highway. Strapped to his back was a huge ornate-gold mirror looted from a noblemans house in Moscow, "five coins sayes you break it before we get home," his reply was short and sweet.
Looking round at the Regiment Edgar thought it looked more like a walking auction house with all manner of merchandise Furs, furniture, paintings,cats,dogs some soldiers had even brought prisoners who simply carried more loot for their new forced masters. "alls fair in love and war!" hey Edi!? spat sargeant Jacques as he saw Edgars glance "heard you didnt do to bad yourself!" "you and Georgie boy!"
Edgar instinctively touched his waste and felt the bulge in his belt breathed out and told Jacques to mind his business.
© Copyright 2005 Steven Berry (butcher42 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1010768-Cold-road-chapter-2