*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1011108-A-boy
by super
Rated: E · Short Story · Family · #1011108
Story of "a boy"
My name is Pat. I was always the most loved child in the household. I was the darling of my mother. So my younger brother was always jealous of me. He always tried to put me in a spot and tried to complain to my father. He hated me to the core and I too hated him a little.

But today on Dec 05, 1999, everything was different. I was not able to understand why my little brother was rubbing my cheeks and was sobbing. I wanted to push him away but I could not. Then my most hated aunt came and stared at me. My uncle took her in his arm and took her away. I thanked him for that gesture. I hated her. I decided that when my birthday comes next month I will not invite her.

Today I really felt like a king. I was wearing a black suit and also a bow tie. There were also few flowers beside me. I didn’t know why the flowers were kept. May be I have to give to some beautiful girl for a date. But that’s not possible as I am only 10 years old. I thought I will ask my mom regarding this but I was not able to find her and neither my father

Many people came and stood near and stared at me and murmured something and left. I realized that may be we were having a party. But it looked odd because there was no loud music and people were whispering to each other. Then only I realized that we were outside. It looked like a park. I can see birds in tree and also the leaves falling from trees and a clear blue sky. Then suddenly as though dream come true, I saw Paula coming along with her parents. She was my best friend and my only girlfriend. But today she never came near me and was clinging to her mom. I felt she must be feeling awkward to meet me. Anyway I didn’t care because it gave me a perfect reason to tease her tomorrow in class and make her uncomfortable.

To my surprise I noticed that Father Francis was reading some book in front of me. I liked this man because he always gave me chocolates whenever he met me. But today he didn’t give me anything but instead was reading from some book. Suddenly he closed the book and started speaking. I concentrated on what we has saying. I could not hear clearly but I heard the last sentence.
He looked at me said.
"May his soul rest in peace" Amen!

Suddenly darkness prevailed as though somebody covered me with a lid. I felt somebody lowering me down. And then......

                    Patrick William Jr.
                    Born: Jan 12,1989
                    Died: Dec03,1999
                              A boy
© Copyright 2005 super (super_dir at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1011108-A-boy