*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1014825-The-Story-of-Ashley-Gilmore
by rayn
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Mystery · #1014825
short story

The Story of Ashley Gilmore

The year was 1988. It was a warm summer’s night. Ashley woke up, in her hotel room, feeling refreshed. Getting up she walked into the sitting area and there lying on the floor was a body. A bloody knife stuck out of his back.
“Oh my god,” she screamed. Her hands covered her mouth as she screamed again. She bolted from the room and down the stairs.
Jimmy jumped out of the way as a blond haired girl ran past him screaming. He hurried to the room that he thought she exited from. Inside the room he saw a man lying in a pool of blood with a knife in his back.
“Holy S***.” He walked into the room and around the body. “Oh my god, dad.”
Jimmy ran to the phone and dialed 911.
Ashley ran into the restaruant, looked around. She saw a cop setting at a table. Running up to him she screamed, “Officer, there’s a dead body lying in my room. Please help me.”
Jimmy ran downstairs to await for the police. Within minutes he heard the screams of police sirins. As the police car arrived, Jimmy ran out waving his arms and screaming.
“Whats the problem.”
“I found my father stab to death in one of the rooms upstairs.”
Ashley and officer John ran up to her room. Jimmy and officer Benny were already in the room.
“What happen here,” Jimmy asked looking at Ashley.

“I don’t know. When I awoke I found him lying on the floor face down dead.”
“I think you had something to do with his death. Didn’t you,” Jimmy screamed pointing a finger in Ashley’s chest.
Ashley pushed his finger away. “I didn’t have anything to do with this. Don't blame me you you ba******.” She turned and ran out the room.
Jimmy followed down the stairs and onto the street. Ashley speeded onto the street with her car. Jimmy followed her to the airport.
Ashley managed to get a ticket just before the plane took off headed for Oklahoma City. Jimmy missed the plane. The next one didn’t leave untill that afternoon. He waited pacing up and down the airport. He stopped at one of the bars and had a few drinks. Finaly the call was anounced for the flight leaving for Oklahoma City.
Ashley's plane landed. At the car rental she said, "I need a car. My father lives close to the lake in Norman. How much will it be?"
On the road she stopped at wal-mart and bought camping supplies and a shovel. She was on her way to the lake.
When Jimmy’s plane landed it was night. He rented a car and asked, "Did a young blond girl rent a car earlier."
The attendant remembered Ashley. "yeah man, she said something about the lake in Norman."
"Thanks." Jimmy checked into a nearby hotel for the night. He got an earily start for Norman.
He finally tracked her to the lake. It was getting late by the time he caught up with her. Ashley spotted Jimmy coming towards her. She started to run into the woods. Jimmy was right behind her.
Ashley doubled back towards camps. Jimmy tripped over a branch giving Ashley plenty of time for escape.
Ashley grabbed the shovel and ran back into the woods. Jimmy was catching back up to her again. Ashley ducked behind a tree and held up the shovel. As Jimmy ran past the tree Ashley thrust the shovel into Jimmy’s face. He fell to the ground, bleeding. Ashley jumps over him and hit him two more times in the head. She dropped the shovel and ran back to camp.
She jumped into her car and drove the rest of night. At the nearest airport she took a plane and disappeared without a trace.
© Copyright 2005 rayn (rayn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1014825-The-Story-of-Ashley-Gilmore