*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1017239-Unique
Rated: E · Article · Relationship · #1017239
Prejudice is a symptom of fear. What are you afraid of?
This world is a very confusing place. It is supposed to be great for one person to be different than another. However, with so many variables in one's life, how are we to navigate it. Is individuality worth its cost? I mean, if you want to be different than everyone else, wouldn't it be interesting to be the exact same as someone else. Think about it, which is the one characteristic you cannot change in this life. You are different than EVERYONE else. There is no one quite like you. But the thing is, the same is true about every other person you pass on the street. No one is exactly alike. So there is one trait that you share with everyone else on this planet. It is one thing that no matter what you try to think of it as, you share it with everybody else on this planet.

Now we have just proven that no one on this planet is 100% unique. For we share that one trait. We are all different. So we are therefore all connected with one common bond. Now, how about trying to connect and share more? Why not share traits with other people. Get out, connect. I mean, why is it so hard? Is it really that difficult to understand that we are all human? Each one of us needs caring for, and sometimes we just need to care for someone. Why is it that we insist on holding hate towards one another? Why is that? I don’t think that whoever set up this world would like to see the hate that we hold in our hearts. Sometimes it is contempt held from an argument that just went awire, yet neither side will give in. Sometimes it is because of race/class/age/sex. Why would we want to limit ourselves from all of these unique people that we share things with. I guarantee we share more than that one thing with each person.

Ask someone you don't know what their favorite color is. Sure, they will ask you why the hell it is any of your business, but why not go for it. I know I have found out many things from people I had never expected to by just listening. Asking questions that are not prudent. Knowing their favorite color, or maybe even why that is their favorite color could open up many other paths of conversation. All right, that is all I was thinking. Go out, get to know someone new. Share your life, let them share theirs. Make this life a little easier on all of us.
© Copyright 2005 Wildleaf (wildleaf at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1017239-Unique