*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1019477-Through-My-Eyes
by Buzz
Rated: E · Poetry · Other · #1019477
How I imagine a bird thinks of her relationship to her falconer, and of humans.
(Recently read Jonathan Stephan's poem of the Falcon to the Falconer. Excellent poem that I loved and I can never write anything as good as that. However I don't think that it suits the way a falcon actually thinks: they are not pathetically in love with their falconers, and they do not consider themselves dependent. Furthermore a well-trained falcon will grow to love her hood, and if she does not love her hood, she will not wear it and the falconer would be unable to persuade her otherwise! So anyway, my take on the realtionship of bird and keeper.)
1st draft

When you fly me I will share with you the Realm that's mine to share.
Only where we go will wild Wind show us the side that's fair.
We will whip through azure Skies
And we will scatter rays of Sun...
For I know that you are mine
And I know that you're the One.

The Wind is at his wildest, but he shows respect for me.
I can tame this fearsome Lion, and I can set you free.
Oh, human, all your life has been rigidity and rules...
For the Human Race is clever, but the human men are fools.

Come with me and I'll show you what you've missed through all these years.
Have you really seen a Raindrop? I will show you Nature's tears.
For whatever Life throws at you you will always be with me,
And when we fly together you can let your Mind go free.
© Copyright 2005 Buzz (birdybuzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1019477-Through-My-Eyes