*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1020047-Grandpa-Tom
Rated: 13+ · Non-fiction · Biographical · #1020047
First Place Winner in "Precious Gifts Contest."
My Grandpa Tom



Everyone has a comment about my grandfather. He is everything you can imagine. These words come to my mind when I think about my grandfather; funny, smart, genius, talented, resourceful, quick-witted, a smart-ass at times(sometimes all of the time), generous, kind-hearted, full of love, and sometimes full of something else *Wink*(no disrespect intended), humanitarian(always willing to help someone out, especially a child), admiration, and many others.

My admiration for my grandfather goes as far back as I can remember. Everyone loves him. Everywhere I go, and all the places I travel to, there is always someone who knows him and they have nothing but great things to say about him. My grandpa Tom is a tax genius, one tax customer referred to him as being 'The greatest thing since sliced bread'. He didn't go into the tax business just for the money, he does it to help people get the best tax return, he charges the cheapest rates too, and he can find things that other CPA's miss, and he knows all of the loop-holes to get you more money. Grandpa is by far the smartest person I know.

Grandpa has the best sense of humor out of anyone I know. There were times when I almost died laughing or died from shock, because of some of the things he did or said. He is a member of ABC or the American Bowling Congress, but he made up his own meaning for 'ABC' which stood for "Always Be Cute." He has used this phrase ever since I was a little kid, and he still uses it. He also had this bright yellow hat that read; 'Jesus Loves Me, But Everyone Else Thinks That I'm An Asshole.' He actually had the guts to wear that hat when we went out to eat on one occasion, it received several laughs and snickers, as grandpa walked through to the back of the restaurant and into the booth where we were sitting. It made one guy choke on his beer and spit it out of his mouth! LOL!

He was always behind practical jokes too. One of the things that we could expect when we came to grandpas house was to get a sucker, and a stick of gum. One day he decided to wrap cardboard into gum wrappers to replace the gum that he ate previously. And of course all of us fell for it, me, my sister Jill, and my cousins Melissa and Kimberly, our other siblings were too young to have gum. My cousins were there at a separate time, I just happened to be there, Kimberly actually put it in her mouth, I guess she was too young to relize that it was cardboard, I was in the kitchen, and I heard her say, 'This tastes like cardboard.' And my grandpa just started to laugh hysterically.

My grandpa always looked out for me, my sisters, and my cousins. Every time we came over he would take us on walks, and go to the park, and when we were small enough, he had this red wagon that he would pull us in. Every year he would it make it a tradition to take us to the Fair, and every once in awhile he would take us to the movies. When my sisters and I got older he would walk with us to the mall where we would have lunch, and he would buy us something every time, but the item had to be $5 or less. I remember one time when we were walking to the mall, grandpa started to skip in the parking lot, and 2 of my sisters were like "Grandpa, you're embarrassing us." I thought that was so funny.

I also remember that he played Santa Claus at our annual family Christmas parties. No one told me, but some how I figured out that it was him, and I was really young too. Maybe it was his eyes that gave him away. But I am one of those people who seems to figure things out before anyone else does. I said "Hi, grandpa." And he laughed out of disbelief, I really took him by surprise.

Grandpa always referred to us as "PaPa's Babies", he loves his granddaughters. He was always thrilled when another granddaughter was on the way. He ended up with a total of nine granddaughters, and one grandson, not to mention, this year, he became a greatgrandpa to my cousin Melissa's son Ethan (with another one on the way), and my sister Sheila's daughter Jazlyn(although I have yet to bear any children). To me, he always has been a Great Grandpa *Wink* Who could ask for a better gift?



Check out his better-half!
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1085569 by Not Available.
© Copyright 2005 GeminiStar (geministar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1020047-Grandpa-Tom