*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1022345-Little-Miss-Muffett-Mishap
Rated: 13+ · Other · Comedy · #1022345
Whoo Hoo!!! I won 3rd place in the "Critters and Beasties" contest!!!
It was a chilly November morning in Michigan, the alarm clock had gone off, and I turned on the light so I could be fully awake to go to work. I was still extremely sleepy, so I collapsed back onto the bed to rest a few more minutes. I was laying there staring up at the ceiling, thinking about what I was going to wear, how my day was going to be......and then, out of nowhere this big black hairy spider comes gliding down on its web as if it were being carried down on a parachute. It was about to use my face as a landing pad. I was too afraid to move, but I let out an, "EEEeeeaaaaakkkkkkkkk!!!!!!" Now, I know that spiders can't hear, but I know that they can feel vibrations, and it must have felt the vibrations of my scream, because it retreated back up to the ceiling. The spider wasn't the only one that was disturbed by my banshee-like scream, my grandfather was awakened by the whole thing.

Grandpa said, "What's all of that hollering?"

I said, "A spider was trying to land on me."

And he told me, "Spiders are a symbol of good luck."

I said, "Yeah, right."

I've never heard of spiders being a symbol of good luck, that was a new one on me! I was freaked for the entire day after that. I now laugh off that experience that I had with the spider.

Just to let you know, I didn't kill the spider, but I did set it free. I ended up trapping it in a cup, and dumping it outside. *Wink*
© Copyright 2005 GeminiStar (geministar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1022345-Little-Miss-Muffett-Mishap