*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1023009-Christmas-At-Grandmas
Rated: E · Other · Comedy · #1023009
For the "Just For Fun Emoticon Contest". I didn't win, but I had fun with it.
Whenever I think about Christmas, I think about grandma's house. The first thing that comes to mind is *Snow1*. The first time that it *Snow2* is so beautiful! It doesn't always *Snow1* on Christmas either, and that makes me *Frown*.

Christmas is the best time to get with family, it's so full of fun and *Smile*ness. When my sisters come over we sit at the table and *Laugh* about the silly things that we've done and sometimes I get *Blush* and *Angry* when they bring up something from the past that I don't want anyone to know about or care to discuss. But I *Heart* them regardless.

When I was younger, my sisters and our cousins would go outside to play in the *Snow3* and build *Snow1*men. We would also have *Snow2*ball fights and make *Snow3* angels. What a *Smile* time that was!

Another favorite thing of mine is the Christmas tree. My favorite part of the Christmas tree is the *Star* on top. Seeing all of the *Gift2* under the tree brings me back to my childhood and brings *Delight* and a *Bigsmile* to my face.

When dinner is ready we gather around the table and eat all of the wonderful food that grandma *Heart*ingly prepared. Yummy *Pthb*! Men eat in the living room and watch the football game on tv, and women and children eat in the dining room. The younger kid's usually start fights and make eachother *Angry*. Arguing at the table makes me *Sick* and *Angry*, but sometimes I *Laugh* at it and think it's funny. After eating all of that rich and delicious food, I feel *Yawn*.

After dinner we usually sit around the tree and open the *Gift4*'s. I am usually *Smile* with what I get for Christmas, although it isn't as fun as it used to be when I was a kid. My sisters are always eager and *Smile* when it's time to open the *Gift1*'s that I bought or made for them, only because I give the best *Gift3* every year *Wink*.

When it's time to go home, it's a *Frown* feeling, because I wish that the day would last forever. I give everyone a hug and *Kiss* goodbye, and go home. Sometimes I *Cry* when I get home, only because I rarely see my dad and sisters. But I quickly *Smile*, because I know that it won't be very long before I see them again.

It's been almost 2 years since I've seen *Snow3*, and since I've been home. Every holiday that goes by without being with my family makes me home*Sick* and *Frown*. But,we are going to make it an effort to fly *Up* and see them this year. My fiance Jerry and I had made plans to see our families last year (we were living in Dallas, Texas at the time), but ended *Up* having to move, and the airline and priceline refused to re-route our flight going from Tampa, Florida to Detroit, Michigan instead, and they wouldn't give us our *Dollar* back either, that made me *Angry*.

We are making plans to fly *Up* for Thanksgiving this year, if we have the *Dollar*, and if work permits it, we will fly *Up* for Christmas too. I will be so *Smile* to see my family! I *Heart* my family so much, can't wait to see them, and the *Snow1* too!
© Copyright 2005 GeminiStar (geministar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1023009-Christmas-At-Grandmas