*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1023696-A-Childhood-Memory
by Candy
Rated: E · Poetry · Friendship · #1023696
Treasure your childhood. It helps to "mold" you for later on.
Warm sunshine, green grass, tall shade trees, a cool running stream with water so clear you could see rocks with green algae on them at the bottom, stuck in the mud.

So I waded in the stream with my four best friends. Boy was that water cold to our legs and feet! There was lots of splashing, and laughing, and I remember wishing that this day could last forever.

After a while, we all laid down on the warm grass to dry off. How sweet the grass smelled! Everyone's talking and joking around, and we vowed to do this again tomorrow.

Evening approached, bringing with it a warm caressing breeze. To this day, when I close my eyes and think back, I can still feel that intoxicating breeze!

It was time to go home. With shoes in hand, barefoot, we walked home. Before departing to our individual dwelling places, someone yelled, "same time tomorrow guy's."

This poem is dedicated to one of my four best friends from childhood, the late Francess N. May God keep you in his memory until we meet again.











© Copyright 2005 Candy (carolynann724 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1023696-A-Childhood-Memory