*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1024981-The-Kiss-at-the-Museum
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1024981
Written for the 15/15 prompt. Picture of man and woman kissing.
They had been dating for several months, and their relationships had reached the point that they showed affection for each other freely in public. They met for lunch on Wednesday, near their downtown jobs, and took a stroll through the museum afterward. Brett and Noreen had met at the museum, and shared a love of art.

He had thought, sweated, lost sleep while questioning his life, where he wanted to be, and where he was now. He was sure Noreen was a special kind of girl, almost like a soul mate, if that sort on thing existed. He was as certain as one can be that he loved her.

"Noreen, I want to talk to you about something serious, so please don't think what I'm, about to say is some sort of prank." Brett's expression looked so stern that it started Noreen. She had seen Brett in all sorts of moods. They had been sharing time doing things they each loved. Loreen felt that he had some sort of bad news.

"You're not sick are you? I remember you had that doctor's appointment last week. You haven't received some sort of bad test results have you?" Noreen didn't want to mother him, but she truly cared.

The tenderness of her voice warmed his heart, reassuring him that he was making the right decision.

"You know I'm almost thirty, and though my career is advancing as I have hoped, there's another part of my life that's been empty. You fill a void in me Noreen."

Noreen smiled, and laughed a little sigh of relief. Her head dared to repeat thoughts she had about her future. She had never been married, and her biological clock was ticking. Brett had a few faults, but he had a heart of gold, and treated her like a queen.

"I feel the same way," she said, turning to look out across the city from the balcony of the museum. She hoped, but she feared she was not psychic, and dared not look directly into his eyes. He could already read her like a book.

Brett stood next to Noreen, and they looked silently across the masses of downtown buildings, and people rushing by on the street corner. He took her hand, put his arms around her shoulders, and kissed her tenderly.

"Will you be my wife, bear my children, and share forever with me? I'll always do my best to treat you right."

"Oh yes, Brett. I love you so much too." She leaned into his body, pressed close to him, and kissed him passionately. So overwhelmed was she, that her leg rose off the ground, like some kind of model pose. Their hearts raced in unison.

It was a kiss at the museum that changed the rest of their lives.

© Copyright 2005 a Sunflower in Texas (patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1024981-The-Kiss-at-the-Museum