*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1026135-Faith-Stories
Rated: E · Draft · Family · #1026135
Faith is autistic and there are things that I didn't want to forget.
Faith Stories


The First lie that Faith ever told happened when she was about ten months old. We were in Walmart. Faith tried to pull some ladies card to her when I told her, “No, No, Faith Ann.” She was tired and not at all happy with me. She bent down and tried to bite me. I pulled my hand away before she could. get my hand in her mouth.

She looked up at me with tears in her eyes and said,”I kiss.” There was not way that she was going to kiss my hand and we both know it.
__________________________________________________

Sept. 2000

We have a mirror in the hall going to my bedroom. that is sitting on the floor. Sooner or later we wanted to put it in the bathroom that we were remodeling.

One day Faith, who was following me as I walked down the hall, noticed the mirror even thought she had walked past it many times. I turned around to see her standing in front of the mirror gazing at herself. I said,” That’s you in that mirror.”

She bent forward, gave the mirror Faith a Kiss and said,”I love you.”

Now Ever time she passes the mirror she stops and gives herself a kiss.
--------------------------------------------------

Oct. 8th. 2000

We were getting ready to go out to eat. I had to go to my bedroom to get my shoes. Faith was following me down the hall from the den I told her that she could go with me or go into the living room to stay with her Pop-Pop. I thought that she was in the living room and my husband thought that she was with me.

I took on about 3 minutes to get my shoes on. and then I headed into the living room. Faith was not there. I started to look for her. I know that Faith Loved to get in the Bath tub.

I went into the bath and there was Faith. Not in the tub but in the dryer. How she crawled in the dryer I don’t know but There she was all scrunched up and grinning at me. She was so pleased with herself.

--------------------------------------------------

Summer 2003

Some kids cuddle dolls. Some kids cuddle stuffed animals. Faith Ann developed an attraction for a can of sweet potatoes. She carried the can around balancing it in her hand. I don’t know it it is the weight, or the size, or maybe, the sound that it makes. Faith Loves that can of yams. She took it outside with her. She kept it behind the chair where her nest is located. Faith even took it to bed with her.

When her mom was reguristing for classes Faith had the can with her. She was getting out of the car so she could go into the “Waffle House.” She dropped the can but when the can was tossed on to the back seat she was not please. She let it be known that she was not happy. As soon as the can was back in her hands she stopped crying and taking her friends hand they went into the restaurant. The waitress, with a wink, asked Faith if she had brought her own breakfast. Faith looked up at her, smiled her angel smile and waited for her waffles.
__________________________________________________



October, 2002

We went Huber’s Farm to pick pumpkins and see the animals in the petting zoo. Faith picked out a pumpkin that was orange and green. She either really liked it or she just wanted to get out of the mud.

When it was time for the petting zoo Faith was not impressed. She would not try to pet the different animals. They made her skiddy.

When I tried to show her that the animals would not hurt her she didn’t beleive me. She did try to save me however, If I tried to pet any of the animals she would reach over and pull my hand away. I guess she thought that her Nana was to trusting for her own good.

© Copyright 2005 Nanapockets (tab2020 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1026135-Faith-Stories