*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1027021-Letter-From-a-Heartbreaker
by Donna!
Rated: 13+ · Monologue · Romance/Love · #1027021
To the broken of heart: There are 2 sides to every story. It's time for mine.
Dear Heartbroken,
I think it's about time you stopped telling everyone we were friends with that I am a reincarnated devil. I know that's what you told her because otherwise, how would she know that I wronged you? On TV, people in my shoes usually say "I'm sorry" or something of the sort but I won't bother. Why should I? Sorry doesn't cut it. It really makes no difference that I have only said it once. You know I am or I would not have put so much effort in trying to get you back.
That's another thing. I know I was totally wrong, yea, yea, yea. It sucks that I'm a bitch. But does that mean now that I am no longer human and you now have the right to walk all over me? That you can now dictate my emotions? Refuse to call me or contact me or even to answer my questions? I am freely admitting to you that I was wrong. Ok. Clearly you would win that argument. But that isn't the argument. Why am I now an inferior human being who is ignored and left alone, starved of love? Remember when you treated me like an idol? Yea, I know. Until I ruined it. But are you not doing the same thing to me by refusing to even look at me?
They say two wrongs don't make a right and I am here to say that you are fucken WRONG. I was first in being so but you are too. Let's think about this logically (or can we?). I do something horrendous to you and in retaliation you don't even give me the courtesy of treating my like crap. You don't treat me at all. I don't exist to you anyomore. Did we somehow hit some "rewind and erase" button? We came to a crossroads. One where we could have made it through if you would have taken my hand but you did not and walked away. So we haven't made it. I'm alone. Don't know about you, heartbroken, but I am very alone. And more importantly, you can change that.
I remember when everyone said that we wouldn't work. I hate thinking about that. But I have many more questions for you so let's get back to that. So how come you acted for a minute like you forgave me or at least were going to? Give me a glimmer of hope so that you can then snatch it away and see what happens? Reminder: I'm fragile too. I may have been better off if I was just told right away that it was over. Instead, you used me, misled me,and then left me. All in the name of heartbreak. Heartbreak bullshit. No amount of pain or anger I may have aroused in you merited that. You pick me up, tell me it will be ok, we'll work on it, don't cry, all that bullshit, just so you can leave safely. Just so you can leave without me pulling my hair out. You slip out into the night and I never hear from you again.
I don't know who ever said that just because I was wrong, that I deserved all this... don't know what to call it but frustration. It's funny how I had to hear that it was over from someone else. She said you were too angry to work this out or to do it anymore. I guess I understand. She told me to stop crying and when I bombarded her with questions, she suggested I write a monologue. I still think you could have told me yourself so that I didn't spend so many weeks pulling my hair out, one by one.
© Copyright 2005 Donna! (hotdiamond at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1027021-Letter-From-a-Heartbreaker