*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1027336-Pammys-Project
Rated: E · Short Story · Holiday · #1027336
Pammy's made something that was very different.
Pammy’s Project
by Terry Burres

Once there was a little girl named Pammy who wanted to do something different for Halloween. She thought about it all Fall. When Halloween was just around the corner she got the best idea that she had ever had.

She took a pair of her mom’s orange sweat pant then she stuffed them with straw. Pammy took a orange sweat shirt and stuffed that too. She took the jack-o-lantern and put on the top. When she was done Pammy stood back admiring her pumpkin man. He was just wonderful.

Pammy was very proud of what she had created. She told all the kids at school. In fact Pammy told everyone she met about the pumpkin man in her front yard.

On Halloween everyone came to Pammy’s house to trick-or-treat. They oohed and ahhed over the pumpkin man. Pammy smiled so much that her cheeks hurt. She was so proud of herself for thinking of a pumpkin man.

Her mom told her that it ws time for bed. Pammy changed into her pjs and went to her window for one more look . Standing in the light of the full moon was that orange man. As Pammy watched she could have sworn that the pumpkin man raised his arm just a little bit and waved at her.

Pammy gasped as she pulled the curtains shut. She turned off the light beside the bed. It was dark except for the silver light from the moon coming through the curtains. Holding her breath, she edged the curtain open.

What she saw made her shiver. Her orange man was dancing in the middle of the front yard. As she watched that man danced down the street. When he got to the end of the block he looked back, waved at Pammy and skipped out of sight.

The next morning Pammy found her mom’s shirt and pants in the front yard, but every piece of straw was gone.. The Pumpkin was smashed into a million pieces in the street.

© Copyright 2005 Nanapockets (tab2020 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1027336-Pammys-Project