*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1027400-Natalia
by Jacque
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1027400
I'm not sure where I'm going with this. Very ragged, rough draft. Comments please
Looking around her tiny apartment, Natalia realized she was much happier than she'd been in a long time. Sure, it was a lonely place to be, but she felt like she was finally home. Months of rebuilding her life had brought her to this place, and she felt comforted by the small things, the trendy blue sofa she'd purchased from Ikea. She'd wanted black, but Thor, her tabby cat, would have turned it orange in no time flat. It wasn't much, but it was hers and she'd worked for it.

She hadn't bothered to change from her sweats this morning, but even still she matched perfectly. Baby blue cotton gym pants, complimented by a soft pink sweatshirt, and pink wool socks. The snow outside fell peacefully, and she had the perfect view from her window. The field behind the building looked like a Christmas postcard.

"I'm a million miles from where I'd planned to be by now." she sighed as she took a sip from her now luke-warm cocoa. And she was right. Just one year ago she'd been Natalia Seevers, in charge of the HR department of an FDA testing facility. She'd loved that job and the people she worked with. She had a plan in life, she was going to do it all. She had a loving husband, a beautiful home that she'd worked hard for, and a cuddly kitten which she adored. They'd talked about children. The plan was to start trying for their first this winter.

Now, she was Natalia Seevers, college student rebuilding her life. But at least she's finally moved out of her parents basement, where she'd spent the last six months saving money and studying. Working two jobs and still pulling a 3.0 at the university would be too much for some people, but not Natalia. She was determained to get back on her feet.

The first step towards rebuilding her life had been to purchase a new car. The beautiful black mustang she'd always wanted, and it was a bonus to find it with pink interior. The five year old car had been a man's gift to his wife, he'd had a local shop totally customize the interior in her favorite color. As their marriage dissolved, the man sold the car, and Natalia lucked out in finding this beautiful piece of machinery.

After the car, Natalia splurged on herself. A new wardrobe, a new hair style, even the designer handbag her husband had promised her, but never followed up on. Then, finally furniture for her new apartment. But with two jobs and her studies she rarely found time to enjoy it, or any of the other luxuries she so desperately deserved.
© Copyright 2005 Jacque (jacque at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1027400-Natalia