*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1028953-Christmas-Angel---Chapter-One
Rated: E · Fiction · Holiday · #1028953
What goes on with the Christmas Tree when no ones around. Please Review.
         Life on a Christmas Tree is a lot more fun than you may think. I should know, because I am the tree. There’s a lot that goes on with the ornaments when humans aren’t around. They throw parties almost every night and sleep all day, that’s why they just look like ordinary objects. Of course that is what they want you to believe. Because let’s face it, no one could really handle the fact that the decorations you put on me every year are actually alive.
         I’ve been apart of the Smith family for the past three years. If you haven’t guessed already, I am a plastic Christmas Tree, but just as a beautiful as a real one. I even have lights already installed on me, so that makes the job a little easier. The only thing the Smith’s need to do is take the ornaments out of their box and put them on one of my branches.
         Today is the last day for decorating, it’s definitely a big Smith family tradition. I can’t wait to see Mrs. Smith put the finishing touches on. She’s the most creative if you ask me, but then again the kids aren’t that interested in the decoration part. They’re just around for the gifts. The Angel, is of course the last piece put on, and she is what we like to call the "head ornament". She’s the most beautiful, and she rules over all of us. There is a party tonight being held in her honor for finally being added. She’s so sweet to everyone and all the objects go to her with their problems. She’s been apart of the Smith family tree longer than I have, so you know she's definately the one to go to.
         Speaking of the devil, I mean angel, here she comes! I can see Mrs. Smith bringing out a big box. All the ornaments are peeking to get a look of The Angel’s official arrival too. The lid has been taken off, now the protective paper is being removed, and there she…!
         Where is she!? There’s nothing in the box! Mrs. Smith looks confused too.
         “Bob! Have you seen the angel? She’s not in her box.” Mrs. Smith calls to Mr. Smith.
         “Remember she fell out of the box and her halo broke when we were cleaning out the basement this summer.” Mr. Smith said casually walking out of the kitchen to the living room.
         “Oh, that’s right. I can’t believe I forgot. I even bought a new, bigger angel, I’ll go get it.” Mrs. Smith smiled and left the room with Mr. Smith following.
         “Is it true?” The Rocking-Horse ornament whispered to the others around him. He looked shocked by what he had just witnessed.
         “I hope not! There's no one that could ever replace The Angel! How could this have happened? What are we going to do?” The Green Ball ornament said angrily.
         “Hush!” I said shaking my branches, “they’re coming back.”
         With that all the ornaments went back to being still as Mrs. Smith reentered the room with a different box. This time there was an angel inside. She looked much different than The Angel we all loved and were used to. This angel had big gold wings, and a gold halo to match. She wore a stiff creamy white dress, and in her hand she held a gold bugle. I had to admit that she was gorgeous, almost more so than The Angel we knew.
         “There we go. Perfect.” Mrs. Smith smiled as she placed the angel on the top of me. Satisfied with her work Mrs. Smith called the family into see. Her three sons and Mr. Smith carrying their baby daughter all came in to admire her work. They all approved and then went back into the kitchen to eat dinner.
         To be continued....
© Copyright 2005 Carrie P. (cpeterson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1028953-Christmas-Angel---Chapter-One