*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1030630-The-Journey
Rated: E · Fiction · Comedy · #1030630
Utopia awaited, I just needed to get up and get going...
The Journey

This was the day. The journey started this morning and I had to get up and get going. Everything depended on my discipline. If I could be responsible enough to get myself out of bed, everything would be great!

I would be a hero to millions of people whose lives would be saved. Millions more would hold my name in awe because of the fortunes I had won for them. Women would throw their underwear at me as I walked down the street, and I don't mean nasty, stained underwear that has been beaten down by years of hard wear. No sir, I'm talking about crisp, fluffy underwear that floats to the ground like an intimate little cotton ball.

All of this could be mine if I would just rise early and begin the journey. Love would indeed conquer all. Bees would no longer sting when you accidentally step on them. Instead, they would politely tap you on the shoulder and ask you to be more careful. The lion would not only lie with the lamb but they would often be seen accompanying one another to high-profile social events.

Competition would be erased, being the ugly thing that it is. Sports would become an interesting footnote in the history of man. "Remember when we would crack one another's skulls in an attempt to move a ball into another team's goal?" an old timer might say as a nurse wiped drool from his chin. Drool he couldn't feel because, in his younger days, his brain had been bruised by one too many clean defensive hits.

Even corporate America would abandon its evil capitalistic competitive practices. Businesses would instead lend freely to one another in the new spirit of fairness and consumers would no longer be penalized for such trivial matters as "not having enough money." Products and services would be traded on the honor system and everyone would be considered "good for it".

Terrorists would stop bombing innocent civilians and would turn to using what they would call "Love Bombs". These "Weapons of Mass Affection" would melt the hearts of the opposition and bring the whole world into an age of understanding. "Tolerance" would no longer be the trendy relationship-defining word that it is now; it would be replaced by the much nobler word, "Acceptance".

All of this would be easily attainable if I would just get up early and start my journey.

But I decided to sleep in.


© Copyright 2005 flogamocker (k.keith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1030630-The-Journey