*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1030749-A-Single-Bag-of-Popcorn
by serena
Rated: E · Essay · Experience · #1030749
One simple act of kindness
It was a small thing, really. Just a word spoken in passing. But the end results were quite unexpected. I gave someone a small compliment that was directed toward someone who was important to him. The next thing I know, I am presented with a single bag of butter popcorn.

He walked up to me, reached in his pocket and gave it to me. I didn't think much about it at first. Then he said that it was from another person in the building. When I called that person, I found that she knew nothing about it. That was when I knew that he was saying thank you in a way that really touched me.

It was so small and so insignificant in action but it spoke worlds in deed. Maybe I am so starved for love and attention,(now, this is a surprise to me as well. Who knew?) that I just go all "ga ga" over a bag of popcorn.

I think that more than this, it just goes to show that in a world where cruelty, rudeness, and ignorant behavior is rampant, one small act of kindness sticks out like a sore thumb...And what a welcome sight it is. *Laugh*
© Copyright 2005 serena (serena08 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1030749-A-Single-Bag-of-Popcorn