*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1036922-Another-Christmas-to-struggle-through
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Opinion · #1036922
all of the little reasons why I am soooo not looking forward to the holidays.
Ok! So as we prepare ourselves for yet another time of holiday cheer. I am the only one that happens to be dreading it to the fullest extent. I am broke and my job is not trying to pay me anymore. My daughter keeps asking me for a "Skydancer," and as soon as she asks me for this, every "Skydancer" commercial is being shown until I decide to turn off the T.V. I can now see who's side the television is on. Thanksgiving is fine. I can get all of the food I need with my foodstamps card(Thank god for welfare). But Christmas, it could be postponed for at least a year. Between rent, bills, and getting the needful things for the house, I do not see any possible way for me to even think about christmas shopping. I dont even have enough cash for a lay-away plan at K-mart. I am not complaining exactly but.....ok yes I am complaining. What happened to those days when Christmas was about spending time with family and being made to believe that your gifts came from a fat white guy that had to struggle his way down a chimney that would only fit an anorexic,crack-head. That is what it is all about. I am now mad at myself for not teaching my daughter to believe in Santa. Then all the gift getting would be up to him. Even if I would be fibbing. It makes me think, though. Is that the whole reason that people told there children about Santa? Because then parents would not be responsible for the gifts the kids could not get.
© Copyright 2005 Omega_Jade (omegaj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1036922-Another-Christmas-to-struggle-through