*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1038937-Hopes-of-an-Angel
by Raine
Rated: E · Chapter · Inspirational · #1038937
An angel's dreams amongst the mist
         Children playing on the playgrounds at the park, smiling and full of laughter, as a soft breeze flew by them. Couples walking by, fingers laced delicately, speaking kind, soft words to each other. Nozomi admired them all so much, for they could feel that breeze, and feel the warmth and love of another. She, on the other hand, was only allowed to watch, but never would she feel what they felt, or ever understand the life these mortals were gifted with. Nozomi, as she stood by the swings, wondered of the consequences of questioning the possibilities of an angel becoming mortal.
         With this, she smiled one last time at the children playing, and departed. With her snowy wings spread, and mind set on the decision she had finally come to, she headed toward the sky.

         “Nozomi? What are you doing?” Michi asked, wondering what Nozomi was up to. Michi has always been close friends with Nozomi, and kept her out of trouble and mischief. She looked out for her, and always has.
         “I’m going to, um, the….” Being as timid as she was at times, she didn’t know what to say to her beloved friend. "I’m going to become mortal."? I can’t say that… She thought, and then noticed that Michi was watching her curiously, yet with a concerned look upon her face. “Don’t worry, I’m just going to…talk to…”
         Michi watched her friend struggling to find the right words to tell her, and then got the message she was trying to tell her. “You mean…but why? Did something happen?”
         “No…I just…” Nozomi paused, trying to think of how to put what she was about to do. The request that she was about to make would change their relationship greatly; she knew that. So how would she tell her close friend that she would be leaving her soon? Michi was watching her closely, and so she smiled reassuringly, “I’m just going to go and…fulfill a dream of mine.”
         Michi stared at her friend blankly for a while, not quite understanding the exchange that they had just had. Shaking her head, snapping out of her daze, smiled, “Okay. Well, I’ll see you around, then, ne?” While waving goodbye, she left to go and talk with her friends who had been waiting for her.
         After saying goodbye to her friend, she left once more. Finally, her dreams wouldn’t just be dreams, but they’d soon become reality. All of her hopes and dreams that had been floating around in the mist of air would finally become clear, and she’d finally be able to feel that soft breeze, and walk in the park, feeling the warmth of the sun as it shined down upon her. The angel Nozomi would finally be able to walk among the people, not as an angel, but as their equal. She would finally be allowed the same most precious gift as a mortal. The gift…of life.

         “I wish to speak to the Lord.” This had taken a great deal of courage for her to finally request, but she wished no more for her dreams to lie among the mist.
         “Why exactly must you speak with the Lord?” The guardian standing before the two golden doors, looked upon the youthful angel, questioning her reasons for wanting to speak with the Lord. He had an amazing figure, and had an honest, loyal disposition to him, with silver hair long enough to hide his mysterious eyes.
         “I wish to speak to the Lord because…” Nozomi, being known as a timid and shy angel amongst the more elderly, along with the guardians, had never actually came to someone with a request up until now. “…because…” Would not it appear selfish of her to want to speak with the Lord of her own dreams that she wished to become reality? Thoughts of turning back, of not following dreams, all of these thoughts came to her. Why did she need more? Wasn’t she happy with being able to live here, with the Lord himself? She was losing courage…the desire to run soon became only thing on mind.

‘Be strong…follow your dreams, and answer the calling.’


         Looking up to the guardian, being filled with strength and courage, she was finally able to tell him her request. “I wish to speak to the Lord because I want to know of the possibilities of my dreams becoming reality.”
         He watched her closely, and then gave a loving smile. “You’ve grown so much, Nozomi.” With this, he stepped aside, as the bright doors opened slowly for her. Seeing the light, and slowly stepping into the glowing chamber, Nozomi felt encouragement and strength build up inside of her. Soon…she would fulfill her dream.

         “Lord, I wish to know the possibilities of my dreams becoming reality.” With growing courage, she spoke to Him with all her heart.
         “What might these dreams be?”
         “The dream of being able to feel, to love.” She paused for a moment, “The dream of being alive.”
         There was a short silence, “I see.”
         The feeling of anxiety was soon washed away from her, as she felt the warmth of a hand on her head, the warmth of His hand. “I shall grant your wish, my child, and your dreams shall become real.”
         Staring at the ground, in shock, it seemed she had lost the ability to speak for a short while. “Truly?” She gazed up at Him, a glimmer of hope shown in her crystal blue eyes.
         “If you truly wish to become mortal, then yes.” A soft glow that had never been there before had now shown in her eyes, as she was about to speak, she soon silenced herself, listening once more to the Lord’s gentle words. “I will give you one year to live, Nozomi, and if you wish to continue with your life, that is when you will truly be amongst the people. If, for some chance, you wish to return here, as an angel, I want you to know that you are welcome to return.”
         The warmth that she once longed to feel was now filling her heart. A blinding light soon filled the room, as Nozomi, within moments, felt tears come to her eyes. She was now able to enjoy the refreshing breeze that past her, causing her long golden hair to be moved by it, for the first time. The sun lit the sidewalk and park, filled with autumn leaves.
         Looking up to the bright sky, of which she once was able to fly to, she could now see was watching over her, giving her light. A smile came across her face, and then, as she took her very first step in this world, she spoke soft words into the wind.

“Thank you.”

© Copyright 2005 Raine (towa_no_rakuen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1038937-Hopes-of-an-Angel