*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1039616-Wishing-Christmas-Blessings
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Holiday · #1039616
My wishes for my 12 year old daughter this Christmas.
My dearest Jillian,

         As this season of frantic purchasing and hectic schedules begins,*Flower3* I want to take a peaceful moment to share my Christmas wishes for you.*Bigsmile*

         A 12 year old young woman is not a child any longer. Where does this leave your beliefs about the Christmas traditions you grew up knowing?*Confused* I wonder how often you wish to be a child again, safely removed from the new realities you see and to which, you do not relate.

         I wish you happiness this season dear daughter. Love, to share with family and friends, and joy to spread where ever you go.

         I wish you spirit, to deck the halls with your fond, private memories, of Christmases never to be again.

         I wish you understanding, for all the "little white Santa lies", set in motion when you were small. May you be empowered to keep what feels right to pass on, and be rid of what feels right to discard.

         I wish you peace, to reflect on your thoughts, in order to respond to all the emotion during this heartfelt holiday magic.*Snow2*

         Mostly, I wish for you to to know the manger in Bethlehem, where Jesus was born. A child came to us, blessed with a gift for the whole world. No matter the presents, the food, the decorations, the parties, the Christmas tree decking, or any of the frantic craziness Jillian. Behind the whole scene, repeated year after year, is the reason we celebrate.*Star* A baby born,..to become a man,..who could show the world,..there IS a way to go home.*Star*

         May you know the way home someday.*Delight*

With all the love in my*Heart*.

Mom*Balloon4*
© Copyright 2005 Loralei (lorimb37 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1039616-Wishing-Christmas-Blessings