*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1039891-Summer-of-Change-Chapter-1
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Animal · #1039891
Now the story really heats up...
Jaryn's point of view.........

I woke up in the morning expecting to hear the warm voice of our camp's director wishing us a good morning and luck for the upcoming day. However, when I awoke, there was nothing but silence. I woke up Shayne, who sleeps next to me, and asked him what he thought.
"Well, maybe it's raining outside or something." Shayne mumbled sleepily. I looked around and saw my counselor's bed, but now counselors. This was beginning to freak me out. By now, other people from our bunk were waking up and realizing that we were all alone. "What the hell's going on here?" Chris yelled angrily. As if on cue, a cold voice whispered this over the loudspeaker.
"Members of Bunk 23. My name is Dr. Mangila. I have killed your camp director because he was unwilling to cooperate. I have your counselors and the rest of your camp under hostage. I know where your families live. if you don't want them dead, you will listen to me. Come down to the dining hall in five minutes, wearing nothing but the bathrobe provided. If you disobey, you can say goodbye to your families, friends, and lives. That is all."

Our entire bunk was silent after this announcement. "Wha..." was all that anyone was able to muster. Caleb, surprisingly enough looked the most composed. Probably because he shot up in the bathroom this morning or something. "Guys, seriously, do what this guy says. I've heard disturbing things about him." Okay, I trust the master of weirdness's opinion on this mysterious assasin. I put on the provided bathrobe that was on my bed, wearing nothing but a pair of flip-flops. We all departed to the dining hall, unsure of what was going to happen next. And trust me, I wish that we still weren't sure. For that was going to be the final walk we took. Before the Change.

We arrived at the dining hall, and saw that there was a sign on the bathroom door that said "Changing Room." There was also a man there. This man wore a pair of wire rimmed glasses, and his shirt and pants were uncommonly crisp. He also had a short mustache running across his upper lip. There was an aura of evil around him. When we had all arrived, he addressed us in his cold, heavily accented voice.
"Welcome. You have responded to my threat. I am happy. You will now proceed into this bathroom one at a time so I can, for lack of a better word, test you. So, who will go first?" It was apparent that no one wanted to go first. Finally, Caleb said "If no one else wants to do it, I really have to go to the bathroom, so I'll go first." The Doctor smiled, and led Caleb into the bathroom. After about ten minutes, we heard a scream. It was a ghastly wail, it's pitch haunted my mind. The Doctor then came out and said "Get in a line. NOW!" We immediately did as we were asked, and I was in the back, right behind Shayne. Caleb didn't come out.

One at a time, the door opened, letting someone else in. Finally, Shayne went in. I knew he'd try to be stoic, but I was still scared when the Doctor came out and grabbed me to go inside the bathroom. Inside, there were a bunch of chains and some kind of ray thing. "What's that thing for?" I asked. "You'll find out soon enough" the Doctor said. And then he clocked me over the head with something, knocking me out.

A little bit later, I awoke, my head still hurting. I realized that I was naked, chained up on a dirty bathroom wall. "What the fuck was that about?" I asked angrily. "Simple. I needed to chain you on the wall, and I needed to inject you with a serum that would prepare you for your...transformation." he said, allowing me to reflect on his last word. "What kind of transformation. Tell me what you're talking about. Tell me what you're doing to me!!!!" I said, with a note of hysterics in my voice. I was panicking, but I wanted to know what the heck was gonig on. Evry one else had been screaming. And no one ever came out. What the hell was he doing? He said "I have been experimenting in the field of trans-special mutation for many years. And I believe that I may have found a way to help human evolution. I think that I may have found a way to strengthen the human body, mind, and instinct. I''ve been going from camp to camp, testing this out on children. Every test, the children have, shall we say, misbehaved, causing them great personal trauma and death. Hopefully here, I can finally make this succeed. Now, before the transformation begins..." the Doctor trailed off, as he walked up to my prone body on the wall. He then did something totally unexpected. He started to fondle my penis. I was about to ask this guy what the hell he was doing, but it was strangely arousing and slienced me. He finally went back to the dangerous looking ray gun, which made me feel only moderately more scared. "Now, let's see what you truly are inside!" He said, using crescendo for dramatic effect. "What the fuck..." I began, but suddenly, he blasted me with the ray gun. It was extremely painful, and I started to scream. But then I realized that something was happening to my body. My feet were growing more rounded and my nails were growing longer and sharper. Orange and black striped hair was going up my body. My pelvis was shifting, so my thighs were no longer touching. My third and fourth fingers were fusing together, and my fingernails were also growing longer and sharper. I was growing more muscled, and my chest was growing stronger, as were my arms. all of a sudden, I felt my head squish in on itself, and a tail spring out of my ass. My ears grew more pointed and went onto the top of my head. My teeth became sharper, and my sight got a lot better. Then it was over. "Well, you are a tiger inside, I'm guessing. Would you like to see yourself?" I was unable to speak, but I nodded. He then took a cover of a stall mirror and I saw myself. and it was scary.

I wasn't a full fledged tiger, but I was more tiger than human for sure. I still had functional fingers and toes, but basically everything else was different. Luckily I could still walk normally, I thought. "You may leave now. Go outside, and go back to your bunk." the doctor said, with a small smirk on his face, as he pointed to an open door. As I went outside, I could only think one thing.

"I'm a fucking furry?"
© Copyright 2005 Hammerman (writer27 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1039891-Summer-of-Change-Chapter-1