*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1040376-You-and-I-Collide
Rated: 18+ · Novel · Friendship · #1040376
A Life told in Parts
She lit a Salem and inhaled until the point right before the lungs collapse. Letting it hang between her lips, she exhaled and pulled the pearl stick pins from her hair, the wind and saltwater spray making her black curls its prisoner. She hated the way her lipstick smeared on the tip of the cigarette, the waxy taste from every puff from here on out. She walked down to the water's edge, the black cocktail dress dancing with the wind. She cupped her hands, and tasted the familiarness of the cool water on her lips. She hated the taste. Soon the sun would be up. It was so calm here, just the sound of the waves reverberating in her ears, working hard at masking the voices in her head. She didn't want anyone else invading this time. She didn't have the strength to deal with their stares. Her only choice was just to leave. She was getting tired of leaving.
_________________________________________________

He pushed his way through the crowd, all of them becoming a blur. He knew them all, yet they were still strangers to him. He ran a hand through his now damp brown hair, pushing more and more fervently through the crowd,determined not to let this happend again. He could feel the stares, swear that the murmurs through the gathering were focused on his sudden erratic behavior. He was greeted with a gust of cool early autumn air as he moved onto the porch. The quietness he burst into did nothing for his nerves; it was deafining and he fought himself not to cover his ears. He took off his suit jacket and tie and drapped them over the wood rail, praying that this would be the cure to return his breathing to it's normal state. His body gave up against his will and he felt himself let go. He sat in the corner. He thought he tried to call her name, but his voice barely registered.
_________________________________________________

© Copyright 2005 Scarlett (hiddenaway at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1040376-You-and-I-Collide