*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1040932-The-Dead-Boyfriend
by Krista
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Death · #1040932
Sara remembers how she got custody of Marie and the night her life changed forever.
Sara looked at the site in front of her. The body of her now dead ex-boyfriend was in her bedroom. When she had gotten home she had went to unlock her door and noticed the door was already unlocked, meaning someone had to of gotten in using a key. There were only two people with keys to this place herself and her boyfriend of the past eleven months.

Earlier that morning she had went to her dad’s house to feed the horses then she went to have a late lunch with her new boyfriend afterwards. It was now well past midnight and getting home to an empty apartment with a dead body was not on her agenda today. Quickly taking her cell phone out of her purse she dialed 911, with both breaking and entering as well as the information of the death of Ryan Leip.

Twenty minutes later when the police arrived and started asking her questions she never thought they at eighteen years old she would be sitting outside of her college apartment talking about a guy she had not seen since high school when she had caught him cheating on her. She did not even know that he still lived within the city of Charlize. He had quit school during senior year and never mentioned his reasons. At one point she had heard that while he was dating her he had gotten another girl pregnant was his reasons for dropping out but she had never really cared.

During Senior year she met the new student Brad Thimpson. He had moved here as an exchange student from Italy and had decided while here he wanted to continue his education at the local University. Things had been going well between the two. After their late lunch today she went to meet her sister at the airport as she was in town for a few hours today. Her sister lived with her mother in Texas while Sara lived with her dad in California. But her dad was the true Texan with five horses it was his life.

As the police questioned her about her whereabouts at six o’clock that night she realized they thought she did it. But she had not she had been at the airport picking up her sister. After that they went riding together for three hours before she was required to get back to the airport for her flight back home. It was a short trip to see how everything was going and since her dad was not home she thought it would be best at that time.

After being released by the questioning officer and being told not to leave the city Sara called her dad to tell him what was going on. She asked if it would be alright if she stayed at his place during the duration of the investigations and he had agreed that it would be for the best if she stayed there. So after asking permission to get some clothes from her closet, Sara went into the room. Ryan’s body had been removed and everything had markings all around the room. She decided when all of this was over she would move out completely she did not think she could live in a place she knew someone had been killed. She figured until she could find another place cheap she would live with her dad while going to school.

The next day while getting ready to go to class the police had called her in to ask a few more questions. She told them she would come in on her way to school that day. She had no idea why they were so interested in what she knew about him but they were. The only thing was she had not seen him in almost a year. She really did not know anything about him anymore. She had not known too much about him while they were dating they had just thought they loved each other, but in reality he did not even know how to love. He could have many of enemies for all she knew. Girls don’t take lightly being the one of many and that is how he treated girls.

Sara looked at the building in front of her when she arrived at the station. She knew that she would most likely be spending a lot of time in questioning here. They seemed to have found no lead in the case the night before and most likely would not since he had not been seen around in so long. There was no telling what kind of information would help them and in reality she did not care if they ever found who really did this to him. He had not ever really been very nice to her. One time towards the end of their time together he had hit her. Afterward he had claimed it was by accident and she believed him. He did seem remorseful at the time but he was never around as much after that.

That night at the anniversary party of her uncle her boyfriend had mentioned he was sorry for the loss of her ex and how he had found it disturbing that the man was found in her bedroom. Sara never remembered ever telling Brad anything about Ryan. Nor anything about his recent death, but stuff like that could be found anywhere from the internet to the news. So she was not really surprised that he was acting strangely around her. More caring than normal, he acted as if at the drop of a hat she would break.

She could see the looks people were giving her around the room. People were staring and whispering around her, most thought she had done it. Some felt bad because they thought she may still love him. But she did not. He was a bad phase during high school the type of guy you never bring home. Her father had hated him, not that she blamed him, Ryan was the storm of her growing up. Things had changed with her dating him. She partied more, and got drunk to many times to count. She would come in at all hours of the night and did really bad in school.

When Ryan left senior year and Brad came around Sara had calmed down, she started getting better grade and even applied to some very good universities in the state. Upon getting accepted to Charlize University, Sara decided it would be for the best if she stayed closer to home. She would have somewhere to turn if things really did start to go wrong, and it seemed the worst did happen.

It was two weeks later when the police finally came across some clue in the case of the death of Ryan Leip. They had found DNA under his nails of a male suspect. As Sara knew none of who he hung out with recently they had stopped asking her questions.

The police were aiming at someone close to Sara first looking into her dad and finding nothing as he had been out of state with a solid alibi for the time of the murder. He was in a business meeting going over the financial status of him company.

As there were no other male family members they came to the only possible solution from evidence. Someone had to have gotten in to the apartment with out breaking the door. As Sara had an Alibi that only left the boyfriend opening the door.

It was one month later when Sara learned the story of what happened to Ryan Leip. He had been trying to get in touch with her to ask for some help with the child that he had fathered and was left to take care of. And only was able to get in touch with her boyfriend. On a jealous rampage Brad had invited Ryan into the apartment telling him Sara was asleep and he could go wake her up where Brad later killed Ryan.

Sara was left custody of the child of her ex-boyfriend who when in a time of need she was not able to come to his rescue but instead somehow had led him straight to his death.

Ryan’s Child Marie is not 12 years old and looks at the headstone of her father who she does not remember as she was only a baby when he died. She knows the story of how she came to love with her mom and that Sara is not her biological mother but it is the only thing she had and for some reason her father had trusted her in the care of her mother.
© Copyright 2005 Krista (kristagirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1040932-The-Dead-Boyfriend