*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1041834-The-fable-of-two-frogs
Rated: E · Short Story · Animal · #1041834
Learn what happens to a "wiser frog" and the "not-so-wise green frog".
         Once upon a time, 2 green frogs were sold to a good cause, an experiment. As soon as the wiser green frog figured this out, he decided to escape. So he jumped out of the cage, across the counters, and into a pot of boiling water. Of course the wiser green frog jumped out as soon as his little green body touched the hot water, and he exclaimed,
         â€śHOT!” Then he hopped off of the counters and onto the floor. Since there was no one around, he jumped out of a door. Which lead him out-side.
         At the end of his journey, he found his way into the comforts of the “Standbury swamps”. He lived there all his life, and even found a pretty pink, female frog named, Froglissa. They had lots of little Pinkish-greenish tadpoles and lived happily ever after.
         Back at the lab, the other, not-so-wise green frog said,
         â€śIf the wiser frog can do it, so can I!” He jumped out of his cage and landed on the counters. Then the not-so-wise green frog, jumped, over to the pot of water and tried to hope across it, but he landed in the middle of the pot.
         This time the pot wasn’t boiling, and the not-so-wise green frog cried,
         â€śHEY! This isn’t too bad!” So he started to swim around in it. (Frogs are naturally fond of a brisk swim.) He was having so much fun that that he; (the not-so-wise green frog) failed to notice that once-and-a while, a scientist would come over and turn the heat up just a tiny bit.
         About 30 minutes past and the frog started to say,
         â€śNot to bad, just like a nice warm bath, frogs need baths too.” Because of the not-so-wise green frog’s remarks, he again, failed to notice that the heat was dangerously high. So by the time the not-so-wise green frog noticed that the water was boiling, it was to late. The not-so-wise-green frog was burnt to a crisp, and the scientists had a nice dinner of frog legs that night.

         The moral of the story is... don't let temptations take control, stay out of the "warm water" & of course the hot water too...*Bigsmile*
© Copyright 2005 Writing_hamster (type_master at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1041834-The-fable-of-two-frogs