*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1042078-Healing
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Medical · #1042078
Some last things I would say to my friend if I got the chance.
Dear Christine,

I knew something was wrong in the beginning. During rehearsals you said your back hurt but smiled it off saying that you stayed up too late. We told you to sit down more often and take breaks, but you stood strong and continued acting. But the hurting continued, too.

I didn't see you for months. You sent me little gifts for Christmas, which I thankfully replied. I never knew that Christmas would be your last. You were always smiling, and even in your letters I could see your happy grin.

Then, I heard from a friend that you had been hospitilized. Tears welled up in her eyes as she told me that you had spinal cancer. Together we cried thousands of tears in her bedroom. Its a wonder that no one disturbed us.

Almost two months later, the news hit: You had a week to live. For a day I cried nonstop, lying on the floor of my bedroom.

4 days later, you left this world forever. I had written you a letter and knitted you a scarf, but you never had the chance to wear it. God decided that you were in pain, and He took you for your sake and your family's.

You were the ray of sunshine that only shone for a few years, but you brought joy and hope to all that felt your warmth. Continue to watch over all of us as we follow the path to eternal joy.

Your devoted friend,

Evelyn
© Copyright 2005 Evelyn Stone (actingqueen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1042078-Healing