*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1042572-Grinch-and-Scrooge
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1042572
All in a Holiday observation.
It's the Holiday season and I don't feel the spirit. It's the first time I have ever had this negative feeling in my favorite time of year. Usually even non-believers have the spirit of Christmas but not this year. I have to believe that because of the many "rights" that certain society members are trying to impose on everyone else has had a negative affect on the rest of us.
I am usually a happy person and try to have the Christmas spirit in me and hopefully give to others in passing. Not this year. It's quite different. It's even in the malls. I went to the mall to try to get in the spirit by being around decorations, music, happy people, and there was about a third of what is the usual, even downtown. What a disappointment. With less than three weeks away, where is the spirit? Makes me wonder, did the Grinch steal Christmas? Has Scrooge prevailed? It's sad to me. What about the generations to come? What are they in for? Will the good old days be a thing of history? Or will they grow up with no "Merry Christmas" and just a bland "have a nice winter vacation"? Or something to similar affect. It's too sad to even think this is our near future.
I work as a mentor for young kids. I need to be positive. But I have to confess, I feel no happy thing to give them. I want to spread Christmas joy and the spirit of Christmas but I will be shut down because I have to be "considerate" of those who don't believe. That breaks my heart. There is joy in the Lord and what we have because of him and yet I have to be considerate of Athiests.
My face is sad. My joy has been wounded. My hope is feeling hopeless. I am looking for the miracle that happens in this season, regardless of the naysayers. It's there, waiting to be wanted. I believe it's still there, waiting for us to believe. Exercise the faith that has been given to us from the Spirit. I will believe, I will believe, I believe.
© Copyright 2005 Tamra B (tammywrites at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1042572-Grinch-and-Scrooge