*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1044662-Explonet
by Jabez
Rated: 13+ · Sample · Action/Adventure · #1044662
detective story with sci-fi twist.
Chapter 1

It was a cold day in October. I had just finished a cigarette, and was lighting another. I was tasked in finding the whereabouts of a little girl that was kidnapped. She was the daughter of millionaire diamond Welch. I was in my forties, my hair already graying; I was still in great shape. My body was fit and tone; I could still catch any bad guy out there. I had been on the force for 20 years, serving and protecting many. I had done a good job for those years. “Jack you’re here to?” Life sometimes take’s unsuspecting turns. Mitch Lebrow was an F.B.I agent that had been on my case since I let a gang member do his impression of a bird out a fifth floor window. “ I expected you to be here of course Lebrow.” I replied to him in my raspy voice. Lebrow was younger than me and had the “prefect body” as the women police had said at the percent. He was a good-looking male with blue eyes and sandy blonde hair. He was said to carry dual guns but I had never seen him in action. “ Why so interested in a little girl Jack, you where never big on kidnappings you usual deal in homicides, you think the girl is dead?” Lebrow said as he looked at me. I took the cigarette out and let the smoke fill the already polluted air. It was not that I thought the girl was dead but that this girl was my daughter although she did not know that. I used to be married to Mary young, well her name was once May young now it was may Welch, she had left me because of my drinking at that time I was going through bad times, not anymore. She was 3 months pregnant at that time, it was not after willow, my daughter was born did May tell me she was mine by then it was too late. May was in love with diamond and he in love with her. “Something like that lebrow, but let’s hope not.” I meant this I didn’t want anything to happen to my little girl. I had tracked a lead to a warehouse on Ninth Street. “ You going to follow me like the lap dog you are?” I said as I flicked my second cigarette. “ You know it, can’t let an old man like you have all the fun can I?” I took out my smith and Weinstein revolver. “Ok then I lead you follow, got that?” “ Sure.” I had my gun drawn while Lebrow had his hands in his pockets. We made our way to the warehouse that was listed as one of the few that where in use today. “Okay, when where you going to take out your gun?” I asked Lebrow as his hand still lies in his pants pocket. “I really don’t expect that we will find trouble but…” He reached to his side and extracted his gun; it was a Falcon .44 caliber, one of those strong guns. Lebrow and I rushed to the side of the warehouse I pushed my back against the wall near the right side of the door while Lebrow took the left. It was to be a standard operation but from the time we went in something felt deadly wrong, yet I did not know yet what that was. I signaled to Lebrow to take one end of the warehouse while I went to the other.


© Copyright 2005 Jabez (leonre417 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1044662-Explonet