*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1045360-Alien-Signals
by Teddy
Rated: E · Sample · Action/Adventure · #1045360
I picture this sometime in the Fifties.

We cleaned the spilled root beer off the radio hoping it hadn't done any damage. Willy said to keep our fingers crossed, but the moment he plugged it in we knew there was something wrong. I mean, the signal came in okay, but it wasn't the baseball announcers we heard. Instead, there were two voices conversing in some strange language. At least I think it was a language because they weren't exactly using words. It was more like a series of tongue clicks and wheezy gasps strung together with short pauses in between.

Anyway, we were huddled on either side of the radio with the volume turned down low trying to figure out what happened to the game when we heard someone behind us.

"Whatcha got there fellas?"

It was Mr. Drohan, our geeky science teacher.

Busted, we started to explain how important this game was for the Yankees, but he got this weird look on his face. He pushed Willy and me out of the way and turned up the volume. Clucks and wheezes filled the room.

We got scared when his face went white and his eyes bugged out. He kept repeating, 'They're here, they're here' as he backed away from the radio. When he bumped into one of the desks he turned and fled like the school was about to explode.

Willy and I took one look at each other and broke into a dead run after him, but he was gone and we never saw him again. Until now.
© Copyright 2005 Teddy (tessalcott at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1045360-Alien-Signals