*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1045379-Draconian
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1045379
Cathyn - draconian, the cause of the chaos
Draconian

Cathyn ran forward, sword raised, it's black blade burning with blue flame. His saffron eyes flared with anger and hatred. Blood lust filling them with a vermillion glow. He roared. Every inch of him was dragon, even in his human form. They would not take Ariana! They would not hurt them any more!

Lunging, he brought his sword down, slicing through the chest of one of the cerulean clad hunters. Red spilt across the earth, smiling Cathyn straightened up and he could see, not far away, Ariana. She was struggling to free herself, screaming and grappling at with her captors. Her arms were bound in rope, her wings bloodied by arrows that made them impossible to move. Rage pulsed through him, another roar deafening even the ocean below. This was the last chance he and his serephire might have at freedom, they would be free! If it was all he could do.... he would free them. Once again his mind became that of the dragon, sharp fangs sliding down his jaw; nigrescent, serpentine wings unfurling from his bare skin.

It was then that the steel grip of a hunter seized him. Cathyn lashed out, mind stretching out to touch the very essence of his power. The man reeled back... Dead. The spectre of the draconian surrounding the young man in a mesma of light. For a second the trance settled over him, he saw his opponents and then Ariana... She was crying out to him in her own serephin tongue. A fire seemed to cast his face in darkness.

Out of nowhere. In an instant. All of a sudden. All at once. Without out warning. In the flash of a moment. Pain rocketed from space, plowing across his throat. About him, the power of moments ago shimmered into nothing. Dragon twisting itself into the body of a boy.

"NO!" her scream met him first. His desolate eyes meeting hers... Then the warm sensation of flowing blood. His fingers touched the liquid heat... Crimson and glowing against his pale fingers.

Hands grabbed his clothes, dragging him towards the beat of the pounding waves.

"NO! No! Stop it! Please no!" Her pleas made his breath catch in his chest.

"Ariana..." He murmered. Laughter rang over the head land, the hunters gloating over their triumph. One shoved him, hard.

Then he fell. Consciousness leaving him as he plunged deeper and deeper into the abyss of time and space and as he fell, he realised he had failed...
© Copyright 2005 Dr Matticakes Myra (dragoon362 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1045379-Draconian