*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1047006-Wind-of-Change
Rated: E · Prose · Philosophy · #1047006
A different perspective on the butterfly effect.
Winds of Change

Southern wind rises up, whipping and churning wildly, causing eastern skies to blur, giving pause to the northern lights.
Westward breezes flow so lightly, never minding the southern brawl. Flowing easy, taking time, in and out, over and under, tenderly touching, seeking, caressing.

South wind is astounded.
The audacious west wind cares less.
South buffets and gales, noisy and harsh.

West meanders, sensing south, and lays low among the grasses.
North and east cower, quivering, falling back upon themselves, wondering at the might of south, fearful for western survival.

West knows, the mighty blows hard, then dwindles, reaches high but, cannot seek low. Patience, for the day, the hour, the minute.

A butterfly approaches, wildly fluttering, an unexpected gust, confusion, dismay.

West holds steady, protecting comfort, as south drones on and on. But, the butterfly changes the currents, sending south in a twisting tailspin. Tumbling back with force and tumult, south returns to where it began.

West cradles the creature, provides respite that strengthens and gives renewing life. Offering hope to the little one.
Butterfly flutters and sways, flowing gently along west breeze, thankfully unaware.

West could feel the change and, knew why.

© Copyright 2005 Loralei (lorimb37 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1047006-Wind-of-Change