*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1048679-Doctors-Orders
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Experience · #1048679
No matter how hard you tried to help yourself other people won't let you....
Part of my recovery from surgery is to exercise.I have walked around the block at a nice pace. Walking around the block consists of walking 3 blocks down,3 blocks across and, 3 blocks around the rest of the way. I do not know if you can get this concept, but the total of this walking equals 9 blocks in all.
The point I am trying to convey is I am trying to do what the doctor ordered but as I carry out my daily exercise I am blocked each time.
Neighbors or relatives always have to have the last say. For example, I had enough of energy to make it to the supermarket and while I was on the line a neighbor tapped me on my shoulder and boldly asked me who had brought me there.
This week we had a transit strike and I was thinking about walking downtown. All I was attempting to do was to see how far I could walk and if I felt tire I was going to turn around.My sister after learning of this kept calling me and trying to get me to change my mind.
I was polite that day but my mood had begun to change.
Lately I had been doing my exercise earlier and I had been trying to walk the stairs in my building since I live on the top floor and I am feeling much better and am less winded.
I am learning to take in what others say and not letting it linger long enough in my brain to make me change my mind about why I am walking in the first place.
© Copyright 2005 character (wantingamuse at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1048679-Doctors-Orders