*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1050874-Contrast-between-reading-and-writing
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by tassi
Rated: E · Essay · Writing · #1050874
the different aspects of reading and writing
I have been wondering about the topic, “are good readers always good writers”. But that’s not what my topic is, mine is the contrast between reading and writing. One cannot answer the above question until the differences between reading and writing are completely and thoroughly understood and considered. I take reading and writing both as different aspects of knowledge cycle. By the knowledge cycle I mean gaining knowledge and then moving that knowledge to others.
Good writing requires good grammar and vocabulary, thoughts and ideas, writing power and skills. And then writing down on a piece of paper, all the thoughts and ideas, using the writing power and skills, with the help of vocabulary and grammar is what writing is all about.
Not every one can just sit, jot down all the ideas and make a nice essay out of it. It needs a lot of effort and hard work. I love to read, but when it comes writing it takes a lot of time and thinking to write even a little essay or a single paragraph. And on the other hand reading takes much lesser time and effort. Yes, of course it is true that not every one can read but still anyone having even a little interest in any kind of topic can read about it. One can find essays, articles, magazines, novels, short stories, and etcetera.
A lot of people read and everyone have a different style of reading. Some read for pleasure, some for knowledge and news, and some even adopt reading as a hobby. By reading we gain a lot and a lot every time. Even when I read anything for the second time, I always discover something new.
On the whole I am with the opinion that not all good readers are good writers. Reading and writing never goes together. Both have it’s own charm and its own influence on every person.


© Copyright 2005 tassi (tasneem at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1050874-Contrast-between-reading-and-writing