*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1051436-Greed
Rated: E · Other · Cultural · #1051436
Talks about 'Greed' and how it affects us.
Why is greed such a big part of the world? I'll tell you why -- money. Money has to do with everything. It courses through veins, which are our pockets and accounts, like a hot-blooded creature. It corrupts us to the very core. It causes stress and fatigue, and in some cases insanity. Greed was originally due to jealousy over material needs, like territory or cattle, but money has essentially one-upped that. How much does this cost? How much is it worth? It's not worth the labor. Machines do most of that now. People are so worked up over making enough money to get by, that quality has been pushed to the back of the shelf. I think people take for granted, the fact the United States is so far in debt, there's no way we could pay it off. Not since we import more than we export. Is it so hard to realize we have every resource we need right here. Why buy it from some other country that probably hates us anyways. It's sad when people can't even be healthy because they're told there isn't a cure for this and that, when there are natural ways to cure things, but the pharmaceutical companies don't want you to know that because they're too busy making money off of your ignorance. Again, greed and money plagues us. Sure, this is the country of freedom, but where in the constitution or declaration of independence does it say freedom for corruption. If you look at it my way, we're being bound and gagged and led around like sheep. They're telling us "See only what we want you to see, buy what we want you to buy, and die an early age because of it!" only I'm sure they don't mention that last part. It's a sick and crazy world out there, so think about what you do with that credit card, and for god's sake, don't take any more medicine -- it's poison.



Afterthought

I realize this doesn't follow any grammatical rules, but it's more of a rambling of what I'm angry about in this world. Not all of it, but what concerns me most.
© Copyright 2005 Syldanara (argonis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1051436-Greed