*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1052069-Sunset-On-The-Beach
Rated: E · Other · Inspirational · #1052069
This was written for shut-ins so it is very short. I will be expanding it.
God has made a beautiful earth for us. In many places we can still enjoy it.

This morning as I was hanging wet clothes on the line, I saw some purple wild flowers. Wait a minute! Those are the ones that grew wild by the condo on the beach several years ago. I will get some cuttings and bring them up here this evening.

It reminded me of the sunsets we enjoy on the beach every year.

Often, a bunch of us are out under a covered area to watch it go down. Until it does, it gives us a chance to catch up with all that has gone on over the past year. I look forward to that time.

When it does go down it gets a well deserved applause. But, wait a minute. There it is again. Because of the cloud formation we will see it "set" twice tonight. That happens often and we so enjoy it.

After it goes down, some of us might stay and chat but most leave to go to dinner.

There are cams of beaches on the internet. If you do not live close to a beach, maybe you can catch a sunset on one of them. The nice thing about cams is, we can find sunrises on some of them, too. If we use cams from other countries, we can have our sunset or sunrise at almost any time of day.

What beautiful sights has God given you around where you live? Stop and enjoy them. It adds so much to the day. We need to remember to thank Him more often for them.
© Copyright 2006 Mary Ann Chidlow (merian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1052069-Sunset-On-The-Beach