*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1052328-I-dream
by Nina
Rated: E · Other · Relationship · #1052328
What life teaches us, is a lesson learnt too late.
You are my timebomb. To have, to hold. A delicate simplicity in your ambush, lure the pray with poison, and they still fall into your trap. You repulse, deter, with a fakeness that has become such venom.

Your soul burns, one look freezes the air. I watch from the corner, and you dance, all alone, in the centre of stage. The solo tango of your death. Vivid and alive, you swirl into your recluse, laughing.

You cannot look past this moment, but tomorrow, the burden of today will fall. It will crush you, with no mercy, as yesterday's regrets are relived in this very moment.

The safety you've always abused is no longer guarenteed.

Life will take you by the hand, questioning your dreams, your hopes. Squeeze the hand so tightly, you smile, and crush the bones. That's never been you. But now, I know no other.

I'll watch you stumble, and then fall. Watch you hit the ground, and rise back up, until the day that the fall will be too hard. Until the day that you'll be down for too long.

You are a hollow void filled with the superficial. Owning the materialistic world, nuturing it in the palm of your hand. Such a precious gift to you.

Nieve soul, you're empty.

I walk towards you, as time freezes and nothing changes. I stare as your look shoots straight through me. I am invisible. No longer here in your world, your lonely world of one. How good is the song that nobody hears.

Tell me, because I wait for the day that you burn your mask. I've waited, i'm waiting, and i'll wait. To see what hides underneath, an eternity i'll stay.

For you manage, not only to walk, but run, in shoes far too big.

I captured a moment, in a photograph that will never age. One embrace, a final touch. And not another word do we speak. Funny how time changes.

As I look into the picture, I finally notice that I wasn't really there either.

Rip it up, into infinite pieces, and watch them fly, a leaf in the wind. The shattered pieces finally soar. High above all of us, and a little to close to the sun. Watch them burn, with a final spark of hope. One last light, guiding the way for just a second.

Leave us in the darkness. Fade into the blackness, make us realise we are nothing without this bitter embrace.

This dream I cherish, forever. Yearn for it to pull me through.

Something that I sacrafice, for you, is the memories that never were.

_______________________________________
_______________________________________


MORPH - Part 2 of "I Dream"

Let the mascara burn your cheek, a silent tear stains, screaming for the lost moments.

Embrace the forgotten memories, of a yesterday that was years ago. Remember, those times that live in the past, and the death of today, that you rejoice in. Celebration of the shadows that light your way.

Morph me, into something i'll never really be. Morph me, into something that you truly are, into something that you've become.

Photos fade with every year. Stealing the memories that they hold, and erasing them into merely a smudge. A faint reminder. Can you feel it? Look into the innocent smile of the stranger. Contemplate and reminisce. Hard to believe that was you. Or was it?

Hiding behind a mask, then, or now?

Hard to tell, when everythings a puzzle, missing pieces that I destroyed, just so you won't ever find the chance to hold them again.

And i'll laugh as i cry, because my heart is a porcelain doll, smashed into the floor. You tread on the pieces. And squeal. Your delight, my pain. One tear will sink you, and i'll gladly send you a flood.

My soul, your flower. Water it, with all your poison. I watch, and shrivel.

As everything dies, I finally learn to live.

i'll sink in the quicksands of time, without any call for help, because you, you have already drowned
© Copyright 2006 Nina (porcelain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1052328-I-dream