*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1053975-Weak-For-You
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Personal · #1053975
Things happen for a reason. So why question them?
My husband was a user of people. Money seemed to be his main topic. He wanted to live above his means and he did not care who he stepped on to reach his goal.
I met Michael at work. He became the new Director and I fell for him hard. He wasn't good looking or tall or slender, he was about 300 pounds with the deepest voice I ever heard.At first Michael was not interested in me and flirted with every woman who crossed his path so I was puzzled when he turned his attention to me.
I didn't know he was interested until one of my co-workers informed me. I was pleased when he asked me out. We dated for awhile and then we married.
The wedding night should had been the first sign for me to call it quits but I was blinded by love and I stayed in the relationship. I should had seen that all he was after was a free ride. I paid the rent,light,gas and the cable bills because I was so in love and did not want to disappoint my new husband because he had to send his money to his ex-wife and kids. The shoe fell on the other foot after I became pregnant.
When my son was born my husband decided that he wanted to be single again but I would have to pay the cost of the divoice. I option not to pay because in my heart I knew that I wouldn't marry again. We had only been married a year, so we separated. After starting a new job, Michael tried to locate me every time my payday came around until I had to get a direct deposit bank account. He tried doing lots of things to upset my life, for example if I find a babysitter, he would promise to go half on the payment and then he wouldn't show up and I would have to give up more money and forgo the cable or phone bill for the month.
Michael did not come into his son's life until he was 10 years old. I did not bother him for child support because at that time it would had been a waste of time. I did let him be in his son's life without saying a word and I'm glad I did. All Michael kept talking about was living to see his son go into High School. Michael did see him graduate from Junior H.S., two weeks later he died.His son is finally recieving money from his father and I'm sorry it had to be this way so asking for child support is now out of my hands!
© Copyright 2006 character (wantingamuse at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1053975-Weak-For-You