*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1057285-Always
Rated: E · Other · Biographical · #1057285
Dealing with the perplexing changes of progressive dementia
One day you can work the microwave and the next you can't. What is it that short circuits the spark that allows information to flow. Somedays you are fluent and then somedays you stutter and look in vain for words. Will this happen to me? Is there a genetic link? I fix the microwave with big colored buttons: red for stop and green for start, and then you dial in 20 minutes to heat your coffee and boil it all away. Thank goodness we have an electric stove! I don't know why that makes me feel better. I guess because you would never be able to blow up the house. At least you don't wander. Only in your mind do you wander and dream. You dream of walking without pain and dancing again. You wish that your husband, my father was alive. I wish it too. You want to be mobile and you want to be the one everyone looks to for help and advice. I still look to you. I take care of you and still I look to you. I wish I could make everything good again for you. At most, I can try to keep you safe and happy. At least I can hope you know how much I love you.
© Copyright 2006 Sandy A (sad2go at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1057285-Always