*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1057946-Life-Itself
by Tara
Rated: E · Chapter · Inspirational · #1057946
A small peice on the meaning of life and love, but still a work in progress.
Can anyone truly understand life? Maybe a genius or maybe a scholar, but how about the average person? We often get caught up in our daily lives, but how often do we stop and think, “what am I living for?’.
Many search for their reason on Earth, the one thing that they have to accomplish while they’re here; some search for love, some search for answers, and some are left without something to search for. The ones who have stopped searching are the ones who are lost, the ones who don’t understand how important they are, and the ones who will never know. I will give you something to think about, to ponder until you find what you are suppose to be searching for, because the ones who are searching know, the search is half the answer.
Life consists of three things, for life is actually not one thing, but a collaboration of ideas and theories. Love, Faith, and Mystery; these are the components of life and each component must be explored very carefully because they are very complex ideas and theories that can not be seen or touched, which makes them hard to acquire and never to be proven. In these next few pages, I will take you through the maze of each of these subjects and by the end hopefully you will find what you need to search for, your meaning of life, your meaning in life.


Love:
We see love everyday. Children watch stories of beautiful princesses falling madly in love with the handsome prince that saves her from the evil witch, teens watch the romance movies where the man goes against all odds to be with the one he loves, and the adults, they try finding there own. Unfortunately, it’s not that simple. Love is hard to find and can often be misunderstood and unrecognizable, for love is not only a feeling, but an action.
We love our family, we love our friends; we throw the word around all the time, but do we ever really think about the effect this word has on others, the true meaning of the phrase “I love you,”? “The heart has its reasons which reason knows not of,” Blaise Pascal. We can not put a definition on love, nor an accurate description, for love can not be explained to its full depth. Just as if you had never felt the cold, how would one explain the feeling, there is only a certain amount someone can say about it and until you feel it for yourself, you can never truly understand. This is how love works. For those who have experienced it, it is the most amazing feeling, and that is why we search for it, but it seems love finds us and we do not find it.
“For one human being to love another: that is perhaps the most difficult of our tasks; the ultimate, the last test and proof, the work for which all other work is but preparation,” Rainer Maria Rilke. Love can be such a hard task to take part in, although we search all our lives to finally experience this feeling, once it is found it is often disregarded or ignored, sometimes just because it is hard to recognize and sometimes out of fear.
To give our hearts away, the most precious and sacred part about us, can be frightening. To give your heart is to give your spirit, and to give your spirit means death. So does falling in love mean result in pain and suffering? Sometimes love does result in pain and suffering, but only if love is not understood. Although you are giving your spirit away, it is not dying, it is growing stronger, combining with another spirit, making your spirit more whole then it ever had been. People talk about filling an emptiness, this emptiness is the other spirit, the other soul that you are lacking, and can only obtain when you share your soul with another. Now this may sound either very easy or very difficult depending upon the reader.
The process is simple and almost second nature, but being intellects, we think too much about the situation. Our bodies make sure that we breathe without having to constantly remind ourselves to breathe, so why can we not let our bodies love with out having to think about if we should or should not. If we breathe, we may be taking in germs or pollution, but we need it to live; if we love, we may be taking in trouble and heartache, but we also need love to live, or to live completely that is. “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it,” Rumi. Learn to let your soul breathe, let your soul live, and let your soul love. Until the day we let ourselves love, we shall live half a life.

© Copyright 2006 Tara (tara314 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1057946-Life-Itself