*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1058946-The-Sun-Of-My-Life
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Biographical · #1058946
A tribute to my sweet best friend.
I first met her on the bright, pleasant morning of 23rd May, 2005. That was my second day as an A level student. A soft beam of pleasure passed my heart at the first sight of her. The voice within me immediately spoke up:
Yes, this is the type of best friend I’m looking for.


Three common subjects gave me the opportunity to get close to her within a very short period. We gave her a perfect nickname: Sunny.
She was definitely like the warm rays of the winter sun. Young, yet very mature. Perhaps she gained early maturity as she is the eldest child of her parents.


I’m not given much responsibility nowadays, because it was my major duty to look after the house and manage much work for the last few years. I was even nicknamed “The home manager.” Now I have asked for a break from everyday jobs to manage more time for my academic and other works.


Unlike me, Sunny has to do many household chores. That sweetie pie surely symbolizes a good guide for younger siblings.
I sometimes wonder: What would I do if my brother woke me up at 3’o’clock in the morning to prepare food? I would certainly object, but she has to do this often.


Sunny does a part time job near her home. As a student she’s an excellent one; I’m definitely far below her when it comes to answering questions or participating in oral activities.


She had commerce subject in her O levels, while I had science. I’m still a child in commerce, though I enjoy it better than science.
Whenever I need any help, I always know whom to turn to. I always try my level best to help her as well.
Both of us prefer the same sort of outfit – cotton. Although for various reasons I have to wear other fabrics as well, but nothing is as comfortable as cotton.


We both like collecting foreign currency. Now we have dropped our previous hobby of philately.
Sunny is good in cooking and sewing. I know absolutely nothing about these two fields, though now I can bake sponge cakes.

Her nature fascinates me. So calm and quiet! I never saw her getting angry. She seldom studies at home, but being a very quick learner, that never affects her.
We share one more hobby – reading. Books are stocks of treasure to me, I think also to her. Many people came and went in my life, but true friends left footprints in my heart. I believe we will be able to develop a lasting friendship over time.
*Heart*

*Note* It's been more than a year since I first met Sunny. I've made many other good friends, but Sunny's like a chamber of my heart. She'll finish her A levels in May 2007, but I'll finish in Jan 2008. She'll be in college with me for only a few months, so every single moment spent with her is priceless to me.My best wishes will always be with her.
© Copyright 2006 Humming Bird (falguni at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1058946-The-Sun-Of-My-Life