*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1059624-The-Storm--Chapter-Four
Rated: E · Chapter · Romance/Love · #1059624
The Storm effects Breanna and Aaron once again..
Breanna woke the next morning still feeling tired from her restless nights sleep. She grabbed a quick shower, fixed her hair, and dressed casually in jeans for the day. Not knowing what Aaron or the airline had planned for her, she restlessly flipped through the channels on the television.

Aaron woke up rested, but certainly not refreshed by his nights sleep. He too showered and dressed casually for the day, wondering why he hadn't recieved a call earlier from the airline. Breanna was surely wondering where he was. It was almost 10:00a.m. He pocketed his card to get back in the room, and left going to Breanna's room.

He knocked on her door, and she opened it a little anxiously. "Sorry Breanna. I uh..overslept. I thought the airline would be calling me earlier to wake me up. I left my number with them." "I just got up myself, and didn't know what you had planned so I dressed in jeans. I didn't think we would be doing any business today." She told him. "You look beauti...I mean you are dressed fine", he corrected himself, looking a little embarrassed.

"What do you say we go get some breakfast?" "That's fine with me", she said. I am starving".

As they walked down the hall they were very quiet. She looked over at him and noticed he had barely combed his hair. Of course it didn't matter he was still gorgeous. He had blonde hair just touching his shoulders, and blue eyes that you had to note, and his face was one that made you just want to stare, one you didn't just forget. He usually wore a serious look, but when he smiled...it was very kind. She wasn't familiar with seeing him in blue jeans he looked good. He was taller than her, and without question he worked out.

They made their way to the elevator he reached out and pressed the button to go down to the lobby. They waited for the doors to open. Aaron couldn't help but notice how tiny, and delicate she was. She wore her hair shoulder lenghth and red, cut in a choppy uneven look that actually looked unkempt, but it was so precise you knew it was deliberate. He liked it.
Her eyes were brown, and she had little crinkles around her eyes from smiling. When she smiled, she smiled with everything in her, the effect her smile alone had on him unsettled him.

The doors to the elevator slid open and Aaron went in ahead of her and made a place for her to stand in front of him. Then the elevator doors closed with a whoosh and with a small jerk the elevator was decsending to the lobby. With her standing in front of him he noticed how good she smelled...like sweet smelling flowers. She was petite in stature and her hair was so shiny he wanted to touch it. It was good for him when the elevator doors were opening and she was exiting the elevator. He followed behind her and they smelled the food before they got to the restaurant.

The hostess there was very kind and seated them quickly in a non-smoking area that wasn't crowded and left them with menus to make there selections.

They both ordered eggs, bacon, toast with butter and beverages. The waiter took their menus, promising to be returning soon with their food. The hostess had seated them in a really secluded area of the restaurant. Breanna felt a little uncomfortable being alone with him he always seemed anoyed with her for some reason. He broke the silence by talking about business they would be taking care of. He had already called ahead and told those whom they would be meeting with, of their unfortunate delay in getting there.

"I think I will purchase tickets from another airline and just cancel the plans that they are making for us." he said. "We could get on with business that way and not be wasting time here." She said agreeing with him. "As soon as we ae done eating breakfast I will make reservations with another airline.

On that thought their waiter arrived with their food. They both were eating hungrily; they hadn't eaten anything since yesterday afternoon.

It was starting to storm again, the wind was blowing and the sky was dark and lightning was cracking across the sky. The lights were flickering on and off while they were eating. "I am glad that we are here and not flying", she said, remembering the incident yesterday. "I don't think I will be in a storm for some time and not think of yesterday", he said. They finished eating and Aaron paid the bill and left a tip for the waiter.

Their next plan was to get reservations with a competitor airline. They walked down the hall to the elevator he pressed the button to go up to the second floor which was B. They quickly entered the elevator. They were the only passengers aboard the elevator. Just as the doors whooshed shut and the elevator was in motion the lights went out and the elevator stopped!

© Copyright 2006 Treasure/Morgan (treasuremorgan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1059624-The-Storm--Chapter-Four