*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1064878-A-Day-In-Someone-Elses-Shoes
by MAGGIE
Rated: E · Essay · Family · #1064878
How would you feel if you were in someone Else's shoes

Waking up in the morning is such a chore and truly not enjoyable anymore.

You would think that it would be a joy to get up in the morning and say, "good morning" to a new day.

Only the body doesn't get moving like it used to.

The bones are not as hard and strong and flexible as they used to be.

Where there was once a joy and feeling of adventure, as to what the new day would bring, now there is a feeling of despair and pain.

No one can take it away.

No one can change the loneliness you feel when you can't do things for yourself anymore.

When you have to have someone come and take you to the bathroom or wipe you when your done.

They have to bathe you, and see your body, when no one else has seen it other than your husband or wife.

There are people who will come into your life and help you out.

If they don't understand what you are trying to tell them because you have had a stroke and your speech was drastically affected by it, they will eventually leave.

Just when you get used to one person, they send in another.

All this time they come and go and not even think of what you would like or who you would prefer to stay to help you because you liked the way they treated you.

They just make your life go by and don't even ask if you are enjoying your life or if there is anything that they might be able to do to facilitate things for you.

That is why when you see a person that is in their elderly years, you should respect them and ask them if there is anything you can do for them and follow through.

You will soon be in their place and people will treat you like you treat them. That is why the Golden Rule is always a good rule to keep and practice and most of all let everyone know that it is the only way to live.

Treat others like you would like to be treated.

© Copyright 2006 MAGGIE (maggie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1064878-A-Day-In-Someone-Elses-Shoes