*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1065197-A-Pirates-Lost-Love
Rated: ASR · Short Story · History · #1065197
An old pirate mourns his lost love.
I got the idea for this from a writing prompt.

An old pirate sits at a pub in England. He is stll dressed like a pirate but he hadn't sailed the seven seas in years. He is harmless and no one bothers him. Onslow drinks his rum and sometimes brandy. He stares at an old sketch of a young beautiful woman and tears stream down his face. The bar wrenches feel sorry for him. He once had a love and lost her.

Autumn and Onslow grew up together. They were neighboring peasant families. To look at the young couple, you would think that they were a Prince and Princess. Autumn was beautuful as Onslow was handsome. They hated being peasants but they were glad that they had each other. They helped their parents farm and knew that they would marry someday. Lord Craven Merchant offered the young couple work on his manor. They accepted his offer and were wed. They were both ten and seven years of years. Lord Craven paid them descent wages and they lived with him for the next nine years. Craven played cards with Onslow and told them stories of his youth as a rich lad and listened to Onslow and Autumn's stories of being poor and the happiness that they had found with each other. Onslow took care of the horses at the Manor and Autumn did housework and cooking. Lord Craven died and his mean daughter Mia threw them out of the manor. She had never visited her father but she wanted all her father's riches. Autumn and Onslow left and stayed with his parents.They had saved some money from working for Lord Craven but it didn't go far. Onslow met a couple of pirates and they offered him to travel with them and steal from the rich. Autumn was unhappy when Onslow decided to be a pirate but she wanted to be with him so she became a pirate, too against her husband's wishes. For the next six years, they robbed others and received all kind of treasures. Once they took over Mia''s ship and some of the pirates raped Mia. Pirates were brutal about it but Onslow and Autumn didn't feel bad about it.

Onslow and Autumn traveled all over and came close to be captured. They decided to settle in Australia. Onslow laughed when Autumn would make friends with the kangaroos. They would follow her all over. This made Onslow love his Princess more. To Onslow, she was a Princess. Onslow had stolen Mia's beautiful ruby and sapphire ring which Autumn wore proudly. A painter had painted her portrait which hung in their small but comfy home. They had made love many a night in their small house and on the pirate ships they sailed. They could never forget how they shared a fancy bed at the manor and had declared their love there as well. They loved being on the decks of the ships looking at the moon and the stars. Onslow remembered how many times Autumn had nursed his wounds when he had been injured. When they lived at the Manor, Craven made arrangements for them to go to plays and stay all week in London, providing them with a lot of money to buy what they wanted. No matter what the young couple did, they were in love and were thankful for every moment that they had together. Craven had drawn a sketch of Autumn. He was intrigued by the woman's beauty. Her black hair and dark eyes turned a lot of men's heads and Onslow had beat up many a men for making passes at her.

Autumn had died one cold night in Australia. She had a fever that couldn't be controlled. Onslow had held her hand and begged her to hang on. She told Onslow how much she loved him and it was her time to go. Onslow cried and kissed her hand and her cheek. His Princess passed away. Onslow was heartbroken. He left the house in Australia and went back to being a pirate. He gave up being a pirate ten years ago but returned to the pirates. He had nineteen years with his Princess. They never had any children and Onslow had felt sad about that. All he had was a memory, an old sketch and the painting of her that hung in his flat in England. He was eighty years old now and had given up piracy twenty years ago. He had collected enough treasures and sold them and was able to live comfortably but he was sick and old now. Onslow walked out of the pub to go home. He went to bed that night and suffered a heart attack and died. Autumn was there to greet him as he was dying. She held out her hand and was as beautiful as Onslow had rememberd. He embraced her and they kissed passionately and Onslow was young again.The two lovers were reunited and would live happily in love in the beautiful land beyond death. They would never knew sadness again. Heaven was all around them.
Beautiful Poser of pirate and his lady by best friend Angel.
Beautiful Poser of pirate and his lady for my pirate story by best friend Angel.
Beautiful Poser of pirate couple for my pirate story by best friend Angel.
© Copyright 2006 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1065197-A-Pirates-Lost-Love