*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1065949-Feeling-Tired-Run-down-Ill
Rated: E · Article · Medical · #1065949
The problem could be your Thyroid!
Having an underactive thyroid is disastrous as it has to be monitored very regularly. Even then, it can become unstable and swing the other way and back again. Meanwhile, it makes one feel so ill due to the hormones being totally messed up.

It also gives the chills and heats. It is quite unbearable and disabling. The trouble is that this illness, particularly the overactive thyroid, mimics all kind of other horrible diseases, such as MS and Lupus. Or, it could also be the heart and blockages in the arteries.

Due to the way the underactive or overactive thyroid fluctuates with even the slightest change in medication, it is necessary to see an Endocrinologist at least once a year. (Unless you feel very healthy.) This applies even if your thyroid condition seems stable.

The blood tests every three months may not show the reason for why you may still be feeling ill. It is a bit like the feeling of not being quite in 'sync' with your body. As if half the body is still outside. It feels as if there has been no proper sleep, and you are just 'not yourself.'

The ability to concentrate or stick at one project until it is finished can be very difficult to do. If you have got a great doctor, who will give you all the relevant tests and will not give up, even when nothing seems to be found, you might be lucky. The cause, whatever it may be, will be discovered. It could be anything.

But, if your doctor merely says these conditions come with old age and you should learn to cope, I advise you to keep changing doctors. The longer this condition is left, the longer it is going to be for you to feel healthy and to re-grow your fallen out hair, and to lose the weight put on. Or, in the case of an over-active thyroid put the weight back on, which has made you look so gaunt.

Continued ill health can damage organs of the body, and take years off your life. Do not let that happen to you, or your loved ones.

It is very important to have regular blood tests and make sure to keep the thyroid as stable as possible. It will mean strict diets, and exercise. But, if you want any standard of life at all, it is best to follow the instructions given you by your Endocrinologist.

Remember, your doctor can do the tests and interpret the results, but he cannot decide on the exact right dosage for you. Any mistake here, can put you right back to feeling ill. Maintenance of the body is a very important factor in good health. But, not many people do anything until the body starts to let them down, preventing enjoyment of normal life and the things we usually like doing.

There are some great forums on medical problems! Check out the internet and see what your illness could possibly be! Be sure to check the symptoms for thyroid problems.
© Copyright 2006 Donni De-Ville (donni-jay at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1065949-Feeling-Tired-Run-down-Ill