*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1066944-The-Hunter
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1066944
The opening chapter of my book. if you want more i need giftpoints to upgrade
Slowly walking, a man creeps on to a road. He cradles his stolen money as if it were his life. The trees surround him, dark gaurdians in the day, horrible enemies by night. The moonlight flickers down the trees, sometimes illuminating a danger to the robbers eyes. THWAK! A quiet sound, echoing in the darkness. It could be anything, and the robber can't tell. He looks around at the tree that sounded the noise. A long black needle was poking out, still quivering from impact."OH GOD NO!" The robber shouts, the fear of who it was numbing his mind. He runs through the forest, making enough noise to wake the dead. A silhoutted shape outlines in the moonlight, instants changing whether he was a demon in man form, or a man with demonic wings. His face showed, a cowboys rugged beard and mustache, whiskers on his cheeks. Dark hair fell to his shoulders framing a thin face that wore a mean look. A coat hung to his knees, black fabric heightening the demonic look. Then he was a shadow again. The man, known as The Hunter to many, flew from tree to tree, chasing the robber with ease to a trap, pistol looking gun in his hands firing needles from time to time to keep the robber on a certain path. The robber ran into a moonlit clearing. He couldn't hear The Hunter anymore so he paused and took a long breath. I got away, he thought. Then yellow eyes poked in the darkness surrounding the clearing. A growl sounded from one of them. A gray-black muzzle entered the light." AAAAAH!!!" He shouted and ran away with the sound echoing in the darkness. The Hunter followed him and the wolves barked a chase. He caught up to the robber soon, his wings providing speed no man could acheive normally. When the robber couldn't run anymore he swooped down and snatched him off the ground. When the robber slumped unconscious The Hunter flew him over the countryside to the sherrifs building in the goldtown. The goldrush had brought crooks along with miners to california. As he flies away The Hunter pondered his past and the events that brought him to be The Hunter.

To be Continued....
© Copyright 2006 Der Alein Wolf (fighter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1066944-The-Hunter