*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1067234-Familiar-Stranger
by Earwax
Rated: 13+ · Prose · Mystery · #1067234
uh...er...
Who is this girl? She looks familiar, yet she's a complete stranger.
The scars on her body from the times when she just couldn't take anymore, they bring back memories. The sorrowful emptiness behind her once lively blue eyes reminds me of the pain she's been through. It's funny how so much can change in just two years. I used to know this girl standing in front of me. I knew her inside and out, I understood everything going through her mind. Today, she's so distant, often staring into space reminiscing about the good old days and how she wishes so powerfully that she could go back and be happy-go-lucky and carefree once more. We've grown so far apart, I can barely understand what she says anymore let alone read her thoughts. Her life is so confusing, I don't see how she deals with it. I often think about why she changed, why her life changed, and whether it was for better or worse. I often wonder about this lonely soul and why she's so hurt. I long to see her bright loving saphire eyes again. I just wish the dull grayness will disappear and she will smile again. I take one last look at this familiar stranger before stepping back from the mirror and leaving for school to remember and wish another day.
© Copyright 2006 Earwax (earwax at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1067234-Familiar-Stranger